Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:48 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:46 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

I must be mad, not content with buying a new grown ups frame thats small this week, I also bought this from RB new member Aceartist, what a nutter I am! :lol:

Tell us what ya think of this

I'm in two minds at the mo.

Last weekend the boss was away and I'm in an empty house browsing RB, and decided to buy this job lot for the price of a night at the local pubs.

Seemed like a good deal, I was priced out of the Old Skool BMX thing years ago, thought it looked like a non 'scene' way to get back to the 80's

Aceartisted discovered that the wheels had a bit of a following in the scene despite being knackered so those were removed from this sale.
I managed to get it for the original frame price and also bought a pitbull brake and some knackered spoked wheels since the nice chap delivered it for me on his way to pick up a local project. so now i have more old junk! :lol: :oops: :idea: :lol:

Anyway nice chaps, you and your bro hope you stick about the site, prob see you at the peaks ride this year.

So there I was inspired to build some E.T.esque not so scene, 'bike next door' type of homage to cool old BMX's
Apparently is one of these :D which just takes me back to back in the day! :D awesome!
Only Hi ten frame but Meh not actually gonna ride it in anger, not sure what I am going to do with it yet. :?:

No way was I prepared for how small this is though. Fugg me I've grown sisne I was 8 year old :P :o tubes are super skinny and its soooo short it looked like a 16" wheel BMX :shock: wow.

looks longer with the wheels on

here are the wheels, are they any use? any good?
the rim has cracked on one so only for cosmetic use if owt, or build onto new rims.
Bars are too new and too freestyle, so hope i never chucked teh various rusty V bars I had loitering the garage/bedroom etc :D

headset is a bit funky ???

I've snapped alloy stems before :o but this is like what me sisters mini Burner had on

there is a crack on the gusset hole weakspot, hoping no more damage to frame or bent forks, it really is a skinny frame

So, comments/mojo enhancements/pills/councilling/offers welcome :P :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:39 pm 
BMX Moderator
BMX Moderator

Hi there mate :wink:

nice ride there - the gusset shouldn't be a problem - it has cracked due to head flex and the gusset not being able to move so the sides have cracked
the headset is a tange item with locking nut - have a look in the inside and see if the shells have holes cut out to make it light weight !
the bars are skyway or a copy for freestyle, all made around the same age as the frame
the hubs are HARO and might be some thing nice :wink:
Don't chuck away any thing - pm me first

cheers B :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:47 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Hiya, thanks for that, sounds like you know your stuff. :)
Wasn't sure if the hubs were Huffy or Haro, poss more modern as look like 48 spoke, might not be! great, well I'll have a look at weekend see if i have any bits to contribute to this, I still have some NOS still in box Shimano DX pedals, only used for opening beer bottles on boozy post pub workshop sessions in the 90's! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:50 pm 
BMX Moderator
BMX Moderator

i'm looking for some dx's - lookin g to sell mate :wink:

bmx's always seem small with a bear frame and wheels :lol:

cheers B

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:57 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

These are for one piece cranks so I will also see if i got any stringbean cheapo OPC's in stock still! :D Seen a few SX's and stuff FS on ebay.

Will get some pics alongside my long frames midskool BMX give us an idea of scale :D