The Hunt For Green Stormer

jdcXheaknuL658S

Dirt Disciple
So, in the late 80’s or very early nineties, I was gifted a beautiful BMX.

It was a Green / Lime colour, with white grips, white plastic pedals & plastic seat with varying sized perforated holes, and white 5 Spoke Mags. The only other things I recall, was that it had MX brakes and when it was new, it had green rad pads, and a plastic chain guard over an almost solid chain ring.

I have searched on and off for 15 years for the bike to no avail.

It was purchased from a discount bike shop in Longport, Stoke On Trent and had “stormer” on the down tube. I had wondered if I mis-remembered, and that it was screamer, but I was immediately thinking stormer.

I have Googled my heart out. I don’t think I have come close apart from this:

https://images.app.goo.gl/Mxv4HZYP6extHasbA

Any thoughts

Re: bike

I am not sure if it is the same bike however I have something similar. It has 18 inch wheels not 20 like the usual bmx. I got it today and happened to read this as I was looking to find something about it and this is the only thing I've managed to find regarding it. You're more than welcome to have it if you can collect it from Rotherham. It is however in a bit of a state. It does say "STORMER" across the bike.

I am trying to post an image of the bike on here however the image is too large and it will not allow me to do so unfortunately.

Mate,

That is pretty damn close. I think that this one obviously has different wheels, and chainring, BUT it might well be the same bike, but just a different spec version.

I am desperately trawling through family pictures trying to find a reference one.

I’ll keep looking, but... if you could post it, I would definitely be interested.

Apologies for the delayed response. I never got an email to say that you had responded. Unfortunately it will cost too much to send via post and I would need to source a box big enough for it. If you’re ever up this way we can arrange you collecting it? I also have the pads for the bike but I was cleaning them up when taking the photos

Back