1983/84 GT BMX

Retrobody

Retro Newbie
Newb here, this is the most retro of my bikes. I think it's a 1983 GT standard but I'm not sure. I've had it from new (Christmas 1984) but it was built from a frameset hanging in the window of a local bike shop which seemed to taunt me forever.

Anyway, I raced the bike in a slightly different guise in 1985 and 1986. It had 1 3/8" wheels, mini bars and a Uni seat (actually a copy of one). The bike was then modified with the CW-style bars, 1.75" Araya aero wheels and MX calipers seen in the pic.

It's time for me to let it go but I don't know the best place to sell. As the chrome has seen better days, I can't locate the other pads and it needs work to be roadworthy (the tyres are 30 years old!) I have no idea of value either. I know there's a thread for that but it seems to have very few visitors.

The frameset and Takagi 3-piece cranks must have some intrinsic value and the Araya wheels aren't commonplace any more. The chromed SX brake levers are showing their age as is the Elina UL integrated seat/post but are still perfectly useable.

Suggestions of marketplace and ballpark value would be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers

Jamie

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 3,951
Back