Unknown bmx!! Please help!!

Dave Atto

Retro Newbie
Hi
I'm trying to figure out what this bmx is. I'm sure it's not a redline but from what I can figure I think it's a Raleigh. Can someone please help me out. The serial number is E1181473

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    27 KB · Views: 2,418
Re:

The welds, gusset and drop outs all scream Burner albeit disguised as a Redline ;)

Re:

Awesome thanks Jussa, would you know how I can work out the year of the bmx. I tried but failed haha. Thanks again

Re: Re:

Dave Atto":2nk2t6s4 said:
Awesome thanks Jussa, would you know how I can work out the year of the bmx. I tried but failed haha. Thanks again

does it have a gusset on the lower part of the frame (where the seat tube and down tube meet, near the bottom bracket)?

Re:

Yes it does have a gusset there. Just in front of the rear wheel. I am new to the world of bmx and I want to rebuild the bike as it would have been originally. I've searched for photos on the internet but I want to be sure. Thanks

Re:

The serial number is stamped under the bottom bracket (see photo above) I'll have a look at the seat post but I don't think its original.

The BB number you posted doesn't look like the correct format for Raleighs of the era and only 531 bikes had the number stamped under the BB. It should have a serial starting with 2 letters on the back of the seat tube. Mind that's the seat tube, not the seat post. ;)

Re: Re:

Dave Atto":3q64kpmj said:
Yes it does have a gusset there. Just in front of the rear wheel. I am new to the world of bmx and I want to rebuild the bike as it would have been originally. I've searched for photos on the internet but I want to be sure. Thanks

Ok that does throw new light onto it, i have a Universal Panther and it has both Gussets and Loop Tail, I am guessing it cold be a budget brand from the 80's similar to my Universal. Either way its a good basis for a project and a blank canvas for you to make your mark ;)

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 2,205
  • FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 2,205
  • FullSizeRender (3).jpg
    FullSizeRender (3).jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 2,205
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg