Mongoose fan

Wildturkey

Devout Dirtbag
Feedback
View
Hello all

Joined up recently to assist with my desire to build (a few no doubt) early 90s mtb but thought Id mention to that I've a old school bmx colletion - mainly Mongoose

Cheers
Chris

Welcome aboard Chris :)
Its a slow burner this BMX section but its a pretty good one.
Fan of the old school Mongoose myself. Road and MTB mainly for me but keep my roots alive with an older '79 Chatsworth motomag, same as I raced back in the day.

Jamie

Re:

Hi there, great to see some love for the Goose, i have a 82 Stamped Cali Special that has been built up with some NOS parts and also Re-pop. Not perfect but it is a rider and gets used. It was my dream bike back in the 80's so its really great to own one now, even at age 46 i dont think i am ever gonna grow up lol

Jussa :D

Attachments

• IMG_7212.JPG
    IMG_7212.JPG
    180.9 KB · Views: 2,768
99.5% original '81 goose

20150806_203841_zpsvwtys33q.jpg

I've never owned or ridden a bmx but i still love how these look and i have had ago on a bmx track many moons ago on an mtb and almost did okay :oops: ..

Hi guys
Nice to see the love coming out for the Mongoose :)
Mine is just a standard 79 nickel plated Chatsworth without the motomags.

Jussa, that is pretty similar to how my '79 looked back in the day, nowhere near as classy, just the red thing going on. Though I doubt the parts were of much quality, unlike its modern build.
I was about 12 when it was getting used in anger and most parts were either hand me downs, swaps or pocket money savings. It was more cobbled together back then than what it is even today.
It was all dirt tracks and dubious street riding, no trick stuff as that was just a bit later, so it really was bicycle MX.
I better get my finger out and put it together :)
I have had the frame for many years and just buy bits and pieces for it as I go along. I ride a mates later Mongoose now and again for very short rides but these posts might just give me the nudge to finish it.
I keep saying I will build it for my son, who is six in a couple of weeks, but I fear he may just swap it for an action man or something :)
I've had it for almost double his life so I should really get my finger out, I think I just need a seat and post. I ordered some brakes only last week.

Jamie

I should add that mine has always had the intention of being a rider, or used and is in no way a show type bike. I want it to look and feel like my old one.
Jussa, age is just a number mate ;)

Jamie

Come on Jamie lets have it up n running mate as i'd love to see it mate .

Age is just a number eh! , quite right mate as i found out when i was taking driving lessons back in 92 and my regular driving instructor was away one week so had an 80 year old driving instructor friend stand in for her that week who just so happens still did between 40-60 miles a week on his racing bike ;) ..

Back