New member saying hello (PK Ripper)

ChandlerLewis

Retro Newbie
Hi -- just joined to ask questions about my Peugeot, but also still zoot around on my PK Ripper, too:

When my parents got me the frame, it was ball-burnished aluminum, and then in the mid-80s when freestylin' was all the rage, I painted it white, restickered with real SE Racing stickers. So that's my paint job (not bad for an 11-year-old). Pretty much original to the way I built it -- which took me a year of mowing lawns and shovelling driveways. Torker 6-bolt stem, Race Inc bars, graphite Uni seat. The original Arayas were pretty beat up and out-of-true, and now sadly lost. I bent the unstamped landing gear the first year I raced it, then got another pair, bent them, and now it has later stamped Landing Gear. My son rode it a little, but wasn't as into it.

Re:

Sweet Ripper - always great to see a bike still being used and still loved !
Seems quite a few things we had as kids got thrown out as yer grow up, but cool to still have things that mean some thing to us !
Great times were had on bmx's back in the day, because we had mates to play with, being free, learning how to push yourself harder, going places, repairing stuff, showing off, having some thing of yours, making your own, turning yourself in to a man but being allowed to be a kid at the same time !

Back