Advice needed on a MT Silverfox before i buy.....

backcountry00

Retro Newbie
Chaps,

Im new to the forum, found my way here after buying a fake kuwahara on ebay and got some help to identify what the frame was.

Im now looking to buy a genuine bike, seen what looks like a reasonable MT Racing Silverfox on Ebay for £450 best offer.

Whats the consensus - would you buy it and if so, how much? I think £450's a bit optimistic...

Cheers

Item number 351227107968

Re:

Sorry gonna say it's too much for it
Why ?
Because not every thing is original
If it had of been, then I still think it's only worth £375 for a all original survivor
They are cool bikes and can look really good when riding them - but they have to have the right bits on them

For that price you could hunt down a frame and the find all the original parts - as they had copy parts, they would be cheaper or you could find dia compe parts and such like !

I had a survivor and completely restored it up - choosing to change the pedals / spokes to mags / seat post to a layback, but trying to keep it looking right

I would save your money for some thing that is worth £450 - you can always run it pass me in a pm if you don't want any one to see it

Cheers B

Re:

B,

Cheers bud. The MT you've put together looks spot-on, nice one. Good photo's too.

I share your views on the price, it's too much IMO, so i've left it alone as the seller won't budge on the price.

I've since picked up a Hutch pro racer NOS 2013, got a good price on fleabay and its brand new. It's already a built up bike with good components but not to my taste, so i'm going to build it back up to my spec and have it as my park ride. Didn't want a new frame but figured this was probably safer than taking another punt into the unknown and possibly making another error.

Next project will be a restoration, but i'm building up my knowledge a bit more as it's too easy to get burnt with the vintage stuff unless you really know what it is and what it's really worth!

Al

Back