• CHUCK IT ON TIP

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GITANE80

Devout Dirtbag
What would you do?
P1040022.jpg

its not a redline or mongoose (the only BMX brands I remember) so I would put it in the too hard basket

I've said restore, I would, doesn't have to be high brand to have appeal :)

Raleigh NightBurner.
I don't remember that one?
The BMX people are as crazy about them as we are though, possibly more.

I can't bin this its my brothers and it will probably be a present when he turns 50! Then afterwards I'll get drunk with him and we will go riding like when we were kids LOL

Mk1 night burner (phase 2).

Original wheels, saddle and brakes. And sugino chainring. SR stem...

Non original handle bars. Needs new tyres?

I put restore it but only cos it belongs to your brother..

It can get expensive quite quickly though.

Ive got a mk1 rear reflector you can have for £20!

Funny you said handle bars I found it in a box my bro preferred straight, like mine so bought it and dumped the original knowing my old man he stuck it into a box LOL!
Found the stem pad in the attic, plus some old mudguard not sure if that was an add on though?
Needs new tyres, grips, seat, stickers, and front levers which look like Wienmann ones?
Reflector? least of my troubles I'll start cleaning it and see whats what soon!
I think that black chrome is a sticky vinyl covering of sorts?

http://www.dtrcartwright.pwp.blueyonder ... 83B_04.htm

Its a black 'superchrome', a transluscent black powdercoat laid onto chrome underneath. Once you take off the black stuff you can polish the chrome and if you can find someone to do black superchrome it will look amazing..

Has the seatpost clamp still got the 'R' nut on it? They can be hard to find in good nick..

9bcb7e362e1ea522b7296a1ddb85d0b7.jpg

Restore! I was doing an old Raleigh road bike of a similar vintage to your Night Burner last year and picked up a few parts from a guy on eBay trading as bankrupt bike parts. Refurbs always end up getting out of control very quickly! (Speaking from personal experience there!)

Back