Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:36 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:58 pm 
Dirt Disciple

ah nice one, i think youre bang on there. nice to have some solid info on it! totally undecided on the next step now!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:04 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Also the bike you found on eBay is the one I brought two weeks ago and is the resto project I'm doing its mostly original not much needed to bring her back she's gonna be a little gem when finished my son has also just brought one off eBay it to was listed as a falcon but quite clearly a puch the welds on a falcon frame were never that good where as the puch frame was built by speed unlimited who also made hutch and thruster with absolutely 100% perfect welds every time absolutely flawless and super light

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:10 pm 
Dirt Disciple

ah nice one! i gots to admit the welds are tight on this bike, it was one of the first things i noticed. the chrome seems pretty good too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:12 pm 
Old School Hero

Puchman1983 wrote:
Yes it does look quite close to the falken but the falken has no rivet holes on the head tube where as this bike does clearly from what the owner said with the rivet holes being there this makes it a puch which makes it super rare and worth quite a bit but also the one in the bmx museum could also be a puch because the small gusset on a falken had no holes where as it was a defining feature of puch a small gusset with three holes

the falcons have rivet holes,as to hold the riveted head badges on!! :D

look at dog temples frame.the small 3 holed gusset has an unwelded part,where as the puch's is welded all around the gusset.
check the falcon theta on the link i posted compared to the puch's link.
i did think it was a track invader,but now im thinking its a falcon theta
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Falcon-Pro-Th ... true&rt=nc
by the way,i posted those puch pics to you over at rad!! 8)

Last edited by oldschoolfool on Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:19 pm 
Dirt Disciple

having looked its probably fair to say theyre the exact same bikes only with different stickers.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:29 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Sorry to burst ya bubble lol the frame in the link you just posted is the bike my son has just brought and this is a puch the puch was the only frame to have the three holes in the small gusset all other bikes with small gusset there were no holes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:37 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Also on the falcon theta behind the seat post at the bottom just behind the crank block where the two legs come out towards the back wheel there is a small connecting bar about where you would fit a stand on the falcon that bar isn't there it's just the two legs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:54 pm 
Old School Hero

Puchman1983 wrote:
Sorry to burst ya bubble lol the frame in the link you just posted is the bike my son has just brought and this is a puch the puch was the only frame to have the three holes in the small gusset all other bikes with small gusset there were no holes

eh?then whats this...haha

looks like three holes to me.lol

anyway,they are probably the same frame.Giant made top end frames for other companies.

nice kitchen by the way!!lol

dave

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:57 pm 
Old School Hero

Puchman1983 wrote:
Also on the falcon theta behind the seat post at the bottom just behind the crank block where the two legs come out towards the back wheel there is a small connecting bar about where you would fit a stand on the falcon that bar isn't there it's just the two legs

i think i sort of get you there....!

dont think that bars for a stand.more a strengthening support

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:11 pm 
Dirt Disciple

oldschoolfool wrote:
Puchman1983 wrote:

eh?then whats this...haha

looks like three holes to me.lol

anyway,they are probably the same frame.Giant made top end frames for other companies.

nice kitchen by the way!!lol

dave

Like I said that is the frame my son brought last night look at the winning bidder jimbob0778 that's me lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next