dating a redline bmx

j.c the reproman

Old School Hero
hi there anyone know how i date a redline bmx i just found in the states please??
prob not worth a bundle but came with a pair of nos pads for the bars and top tube...
and a pair of engraved redline bars...
its chrome with red (headtube) and black (downtube)decals.....
cheers guys

john

hi yep got two sets of numbers on chain side drop out it reads GO384 and on the non drive side it reads 4585456
got some pictures but not got a flicka account so could drop one to ya on a pm???
cheers john

are you sure that it is a redline? those numbers on the drop outs sound like the same as the ones on my giant frame,and also my schwinn,which were made by giant.
just a thought.........

Redline

Hi mate, Just had a look at the pic's ;)

It's hard to say ? I need to see better pic's - need to see the whole frame and then some separate shots - head tube front on and then side on - rear dropouts - seat tube to brake stays (just under the seat post) and where the serial numbers are

now looking at it, it looks like a red line but ! it seems to have two tabs for a coaster brake (indicating early model) need a picture of them
Forks look redline ( i think it should say some thing on the steer tube) angle seems right
Have you a picture of the bars ?
did it have a pro neck stem ?

and what was the red frame under it ?

cheers B ;)

Cheers for the info guys does seem its a built by giant frame --- does this effect the price at all?? seems its roundabout a 84?? as a complete novice who thought this was to build something nice did i waste my $50???
also mr bendycateleven..did you get the extra pictures of the nos pads and bars? right year for this model?? god there are so many types out there aren't there??
many thanks John

Sorry been ill, but i did get them and have asked around

Yup Giant made redline frame - should make it a pl-20 (simular to the 600a )

nice bmx and sort after i would say - just needs correct decals

did it have the hotdog redline logo on the bottom bracket ? or is it blank ?

the pads will be sort after if in top condition

$50 was a bargin - so do you want to restro it - or change it ?

;)

hi there thanks for the update will look tomo for the bottom bracket logo--pads and bars were going on it but dont know enough about em to do it justice so might well let it all go and buy a chopper instead!!
be in touch asap
John..

Back