Mongoose Pro what year

slmracing

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi I dont know much about BMX's does anyone know what year this is and is it worth rebuilding, I paid 25 quid for it. My 12 year old daughter wants to get into Bmx's And I thought it would be better to start of with something like this rather than buying a new one to find out it was just another faze. :? :?

Attachments

• SDC14027 [800x600].jpg
    SDC14027 [800x600].jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 1,877
  • SDC14025 [800x600].jpg
    SDC14025 [800x600].jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 1,877
  • SDC14026 [800x600].jpg
    SDC14026 [800x600].jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,877
hi stu.

yes, still up for it. takes me back.

mongoose bmx! gyro headsets been out for ages so i don't have a clue what year but, as it's aluminium... y2k onwards at a rough, very rough guess.

on this bmx section 'bendycat eleventeen' seems to be the authority so he may be able to help further.

bloody good cheap fun to do-up. new chain, canti blocks and off you go. those 1 piece bottom brackets can be a pain to set up but no big deal. motosave do cheap grips for bmx's. have fun!

That's a late 90's bike (steel, not aluminium) and will be really heavy, it will probably put your daughter off for life.

retrogeezer":1al90j2g said:
That's a late 90's bike (steel, not aluminium) and will be really heavy, it will probably put your daughter off for life.
Yes it is steel and very very heavy but I am teaching Her the joy of rebuilding a bike which she loves doing with my other projects, She will learn alot by searching for parts online and gain some good knowledge about BMX's :D

ah, yes - it will be good fun to strip/clean/rebuild it for sure. I read it as you were doing that for her and she would ride it...sorry.

2000 Mongoose Stylist

the whole bike can be clean and worked - turned into some cool

this is my Custom GT 01

SNC16941.jpg

retrogeezer":68frilsv said:
ah, yes - it will be good fun to strip/clean/rebuild it for sure. I read it as you were doing that for her and she would ride it...sorry.

I see, I was in a bit of a rush to get the message on :oops: the frame has 2 dings in it so I was thinking of lead loading the dents then getting it powder coated, would that ruin it or does it really matter with a bike of this spec :D

BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN":ynl4c6p7 said:
2000 Mongoose Stylist

the whole bike can be clean and worked - turned into some cool

this is my Custom GT 01

SNC16941.jpg

very nice, how bad was the chrome before, has it been re chromed :?:

Back