Ebay find something for my lad to ride will be his first BMX

Sink

Dirt Disciple
I won this on the bay tonight for £9, no idea on make, but for £9 its got to be worth that in scrap if weighed in. So I got this for my lad who turns 8 next month (Still not learnt to ride 2 wheels :roll:) He rides my gt while I stand on the rear pegs for balance. Always chatting about BMX, so thought I'd build him a bike for his birthday!! I'm building this with bits i got in the shed, nothing to flash, but nice to look at hopefully :D

Should look the biz for an 8 year old..

BIKE.jpg

That looks cool and when built up should be nuts for him :twisted: :cool:

give it a good clean and it should come up sweet - Don't use coke and tin foil or autosol - Use peek and a car shine wash

finding cheaper parts - like frames - bars - wheels ~ doesn't mean that the build is going to be poor or look bad - just finding the right parts, polishing or painting parts can make it look like you have just bought it from the shop

are you going with spoked wheels or mags ?

i'm sure he will love it and as it has been a cheaper build to make then it won't matter when he put scraps and dings in it - that is what a BMX is made for :twisted:

good luck with the build and keep the pictures coming for all of us to see ;)

cheers B ;)

Going to use spoked rims, as i got a few pairs knocking about, a pair of white tyres also in the shed. A good clean and polish of the frame and see how it looks. Depending on the condition I will re place bearings, chain, cables etc.. I have a pair of matt black bars and forks which might go nice, but it will be a bitsa build.

If he takes to it, I may add some mags to the wish list, but i would suspect a better bike would be purchased before that happens :LOL:

:LOL: The thought has crossed my mind, it is the right shape, and most of the bits i got to put on it are off a GT so...:twisted:
I'm going to start stripping it down and cleaning the frame up tomorrow. Pics will follow as i go ;)

Spit and polish up, front gt rim, generic rear, diamondback white tyres, GT platform pedals, GT grips, Tektro brake lever, used the mx style caliper that was on it. need to find a 22.2 seatpost to finish off, generic black plastic seat waiting to go on.

Total cost of £9 f+f (bars, giro and stem). Everything else is out of the shed :D

DSCF4269.jpg

DSCF4271.jpg

poweredbypies":2imjtb50 said:
Id be pleased to ride that. looks v :cool:

Cheers, I've had a sneaky test ride, its not a bad ride, nice and light, easy to hop and throw about. Makes my GT feel like dead weight :LOL:

Photo0604.jpg

Added a pair of NOS Acorn mags, these are cream, hoped to bleach them, not sure it'll work, so leaving it for now!

Tell me what you think, My lad should be happy :D

Back