Retrobike
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/

curtis race
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=18003

Author:  kanerdog1x1 [ Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:14 am ]
Post subject:  curtis race

hello, here are a couple of pictures of my curtis race frame, recently refinished by curtis. gary did a gerat job, and even managed to dig out some old school curtis stickers for me, and i think it looks gerat!

we have a proper backdrop at work, but unfortunately i dont know how to use the camera equipment, so these are just on my pocket camera.

the skyways are newschool, but are good enough as she is a rider. as are the copy mx1000's. i need some pads, and just missed a set on the 'bay. wonder if anybody on here can help?

Author:  the_cyclops [ Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:34 am ]
Post subject: 

Yay!

i've got one of thems too!

looking good with the stickers :D

Author:  mamadirt [ Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:15 pm ]
Post subject: 

Cool. Wish I'd never sold mine :cry:

Author:  retrogeezer [ Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:16 pm ]
Post subject: 

Blimey, I bought that from you!

Just found this site while trying to get some info on a vintage GT Zaskar I just bought.

Don't worry, the Curtis is in good hands as I probably have the biggest collection of Curtis BMX in the UK.

I'm sure a few people on here will know me from the other old school sites.

Author:  retrogeezer [ Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:16 pm ]
Post subject: 

Here is my chrome one...

Author:  cchris2lou [ Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:22 pm ]
Post subject: 

That is nice .

I d really like an old GT or Sunn .

Author:  kanerdog1x1 [ Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

thats the nicest bmx iv seen for a while, didnt it used to be on the intro page of the curtis site?

how many curtis have you? iv got 4, soon to be 5.

Author:  cchris2lou [ Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:11 pm ]
Post subject: 

have you got any links to BMX forums , especially pictures of bikes .

Author:  Crell [ Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:34 pm ]
Post subject: 

www.radbmx.co.uk

... still looking for a CW pistol pete

Author:  kanerdog1x1 [ Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:34 pm ]
Post subject: 

try http://www.vintagebmx.com
or http://bmxmuseum.com/

and one hell of a collection! http://www.oldbmxdc.com/

Author:  retrogeezer [ Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:16 pm ]
Post subject: 

kanerdog1x1 wrote:
thats the nicest bmx iv seen for a while, didnt it used to be on the intro page of the curtis site?

how many curtis have you? iv got 4, soon to be 5.

Yeh, it was on the Curtis homepage....and they never asked me if they could use it or got back to me when I asked them about another bike I have that looks like it was made by them. I sent them pics of all my bikes (about 10 at the time) and not a dicky bird.

Author:  kanerdog1x1 [ Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:17 pm ]
Post subject: 

oh. doesnt sound like gary, hes a sound bloke. iv spoken to him on the fone many times, and met him a couple of times, but this shouldnt get me special treatment. iv sent him fotos via email, and hes posted them on the site every time. he even did me a set of proper 80s nos stickers for one of my race frames, brian curtis still had a set from bitd!

Author:  retrogeezer [ Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:05 am ]
Post subject: 

Yeh, I was quite surprised. They obviously got the email as they used that pic...

Here is the other bike, it's a PR Racing which was apparently a small family firm.

There are too many similarities for it not to have been made by Curtis. I will have to try them again.

This is my Curtis Cruiser:

A Brian Curtis Freestyler....one of only 2 I know of and the other is a frame only..

My Nos Curtis Freestyler:

My Brian Curtis Expert:

Author:  Crell [ Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:16 am ]
Post subject: 

Did "Brian Curtis" predate "Curtis" ?

I only remember the latter ?

I hope you've put that prolite in a garage now, just looks like it's discarded !

Author:  retrogeezer [ Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:23 am ]
Post subject: 

Well, Brian is Gary's dad....I'm not sure what the details are but Curtis BMX's were sold from 82/83ish I think.

The Brian Curtis ones I don't remember as I got a moped in 1985 and forgot all about BMX! I do have a freestyle bmx mag that has the Brian Curtis freestyler in (a prototype) and that is dated 1986.

There are very few Brian Curtis ones around..

Author:  kanerdog1x1 [ Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:07 pm ]
Post subject: 

not his dad, just an employee. gary has worked for brian since way back in the day, not long after he left college.

dont want to go into a history lesson but.... brian did his apprenticeship at rickman (i think), who make motorbikes. he left them to start up his own business making 'scramble' bikes, what we know today as motocross or more like enduro bikes. they had a really good reputaion for handling, so good that both yamaha and honda had them make the factory frames in the later half of the 70s. just after this, gary having just done a welding apprenticeship asked if brian would take him on, he did, and the bicycle side of the business came from garys interest in bmx.
gary now has taken over the business, which pretty much now only produces push bike frames.

i am really impressed with the collection that you have, but i am not convinced that pr frame was made by curtis, as there were other manufacturers making bikes of almost equal quality. possibly made at the wilson factory? there headtubes look really similar.

i also know the whereabouts of a freestyler frame, from 84, and two cruisers (complete bikes) both from 83 i think.

Author:  retrogeezer [ Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

Sorry, I though Gary's surname was Curtis too...

The PR headtube is the same as a Curtis, the way the seat stays meet the seat tube is the same, the rear dropouts are the almost the same as the ones on the Brian Curtis bikes and the forks are identical. Oh, and it's made from T45 and Curtis are the only manufacturer I know that used that tubing. Wilson and Rickman used Reynolds tubing.

I will mail them again to see if they can answer the query.

Author:  kanerdog1x1 [ Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:33 pm ]
Post subject: 

fare enuff. i think its good that curtis went their own way with the tubing, the t45 really is very strong. much more suitable for a heavy duty frame than lightweight tubes designed for making road bikes.

oh, on a side note, do you know owt about wilson frames?

Author:  retrogeezer [ Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:51 am ]
Post subject: 

Not much, did have a cruiser a few months back.

I know the Halfords race team rode Wilson bikes and that they are very nicely made.

Author:  Brabazon [ Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:17 pm ]
Post subject: 

I had a chrome Curtis Pro like the one in retrogeezers pic back in '84 or '85, and used to write to the factory in Frome pestering them for stickers and other gubbins in the way you do when you're about 13. Fantastic bike, the geometry was perfect, and amazingly enough to this day I regret ever having sold it. Every now and again I look on ebay to see if there are any to be found, so I'm chuffed to discover this thread for a bit of nostalgia...!

The Curtis was a brilliant frame and forks, and I seem to remember, bloody good value too at about £99!

I'm sure I have a photo of it somewhere... :)

Jon

Author:  Brabazon [ Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:27 pm ]
Post subject: 

He she is/was. I frankensteined an old 1983 Raleigh Ultra Burner for many of the parts. Do these things ever pop up on the market from time to time?

(Hello, by the way...)

Attachments:
curtis01a.jpg
curtis01a.jpg [ 101.13 KiB | Viewed 585 times ]

Author:  mamadirt [ Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:36 pm ]
Post subject: 

retrogeezer wrote:
Blimey, I bought that from you!

The red Curtis?? Do you still have it? Love to see some up to date pics.

Author:  retrogeezer [ Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:21 pm ]
Post subject: 

Yep, the red Curtis!

I do still have it but it is stripped down at the moment as I moved house last July.

I just added white tuffs and the few other bits it needed and used it for a while.

It's somewhere in the garage under all the other stuff that has not been unpacked yet.

Brabazon, they do turn up on ebay occasionally, prepare to shell out a few quid for a good one though.

Author:  mamadirt [ Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:39 am ]
Post subject: 

retrogeezer wrote:
Yep, the red Curtis!

I do still have it but it is stripped down at the moment as I moved house last July.

I just added white tuffs and the few other bits it needed and used it for a while.

Cool - glad it's gone to a good home :D

Author:  retrogeezer [ Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:19 am ]
Post subject: 

mamadirt wrote:
retrogeezer wrote:
Yep, the red Curtis!

Cool - glad it's gone to a good home :D

It sure did, I still remember checking ebay 1st thing one morning and buying it.....was quite a while ago now.

I actually did an 8 hour round trip to get my chrome one.

Author:  re-buy-cycle [ Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:31 pm ]
Post subject: 

Love them Curtis bikes you've got, particularly that cruiser.
The best of British in my opinion & appear to still be going strong with their jump/dirt bikes.
I've got an old Curtis Frame & forks that I havn't got round to getting re-chromed yet (too expensive) did contact Curtis to find out about them getting it done, but they only offered a re-spray option, would you recommend? they do look nicer chromed.

Author:  WINKY [ Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:08 am ]
Post subject: 

retrogeezer wrote:
Sorry, I though Gary's surname was Curtis too...

Gary Woodhouse. Top bloke. Went to visit him couple months ago much to kanerdog's annoyance! a customer at the bike shop i work in designed the curtis 'wings' logo in the early 80's and helped to organise the building of frome bmx track which was essentially curtis' testing ground. spent reminiscing with the customer for ages then saw gary at a bike show and mentioned the guy's name and his face lit up! we arranged to go down for a c+c (cuppa + catchup) because i had a 1984 curtis freestyler in need of some love at the time - foolishly, i sold the frame back to the guy i bought it off. twat! anyway, nothing ever really happened about the visit for a few years until i decided to get a new curtis mtb frame custom built. so i got on the blower to gary, said i wanted a frame and refreshed his memory of the customer. two weeks later, we're on our way there! his directions we're great! we pulled in off an A road in wiltshire, into a muddy slodgy layby with 2 tracks leading up from it. went through a gate, up a steep rocky, muddy track to some parked cars. got out, climbed through the hedges and found some old stables. looked in and there was gary, on his knees, brazing a sidecar!
The workshop was exactly what i hoped it would be...
built of breeze blocks, corrugated tin roof with a wood burning stove as the heating. proper job. as i looked around, it got better... above your head as you walk in, there is the history of curtis bikes in frame form. very early 'Brian Curtis' frames on the right, working their way left towards the modern frames. in the corner, there is an extensive collection of trophies that gary has won over the years, in the next corner is the 'kitchen' old fridge, old kettle, old microwave and old mugs. how it should be. work your way left, there is a large wall of dropouts, bb shells and various other frame parts, to the left of that is a large rack with all the various T45 tubes, then you have the large oxygen/acetylene bottles and the other brazing bits. to the left of that is bench with a pillar drill on it and some frame jigs underneath. next to the bench, is another bench, with all sorts of bits and bobs on it. between these two benches is a rack with assorted hammers and files. all the tools you'll ever need to get by in life. to the left of the door, is the desk. which can be best described as an explosion in a catalogue and leaflet factory. then the phone rings. "it's under here somewhere!" says gary. as he talks to the customer, the man Brian Curtis himself walks in and starts having a chinwag. as i'm flitting in and out of the conversation, i'm noticing all the little bits and bobs. oh, there's an old redline frame under that bench. and a ukai on a suzue large flange there. and there are so many odd stickers and posters dotted all over the place, giving you little glances into various eras of the curtis legacy. needless to say, i went home with a huge grin on my face, with the satisfaction that my new toy is in quite possibly the best hands it could be and being built by what i would say is one of the best custom frame builders of the last 30 years, working out of a shed in wiltshire. absolutely fantastic!

sorry if that went on a bit, but i'm sure there are people out there who would appreciate that.

back to that pr frame, it looks very much like a dp racing frame. they were very curtisesque. i have a feeling they may have been made of T45 tubes. there were a few small manufacturers using T45 at the time. particulaly in the west country and wales. the reason for this is as far as i have been told by a few people is that rally car roll cages of the time (and today) were made from T45 and in similar size diameters. the popularity of the lombard and rac rally around the general surrounding area of the river severn meant that T45 was fairly readily available from most local steel stockholders and was comparitively cheaper than the specific bicycle tubing, so they could be hand built, or custom built for not a great deal more money than a mass produced frame, although generally being of a much higher quality.

Author:  re-buy-cycle [ Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:08 am ]
Post subject: 

Good stuff! I like that story, are you a journalist by chance!
I had a Navajo bmx that was very similar to the Curtis build, I think that too was T45, it was a junior, but nice build quality, I'll try to add a photo (if anyone's interested), does anyone know of this make? is it a possible branch off of Curtis?

Attachments:
Spec, budgie, cove, GT, navajo 033.jpg
Spec, budgie, cove, GT, navajo 033.jpg [ 79.83 KiB | Viewed 477 times ]
Spec, budgie, cove, GT, navajo 030.jpg
Spec, budgie, cove, GT, navajo 030.jpg [ 80.95 KiB | Viewed 477 times ]

Author:  WINKY [ Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:16 pm ]
Post subject:  curtis

not a jounrnalist, just a lowly bike shop spanner monkey. tidy junior. got a pair of those cranks on a stretched chopper sat in my garden!

Author:  osama [ Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:17 pm ]
Post subject:  I have one too..

hey guys, saw this thread and thought i would register! i have a curtis race bmx also! i have the complete build but have only recond the frame! I had the last set of stickers that brian curtis had after getting in contact with him but they were only available with blue aswell. I will get a picture up this evening! you may be surprised at what you see!

Author:  re-buy-cycle [ Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Curtis

I've just got hold of another Curtis bmx, but the downtube has been repaired & not the best welding job I've seen! so do you think Mr Curtis would repair the frame with a new T45 downtube?

Author:  osama [ Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Got some pictures!

Check it out guys! what do you think? i am going to re con the forks soon, the frame is mint, only needed new stickers and a polish!

People seem to be cherishing these...what sort of price would one go for?
thanks
osama

Author:  WINKY [ Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:28 pm ]
Post subject: 

Quote:
I've just got hold of another Curtis bmx, but the downtube has been repaired & not the best welding job I've seen! so do you think Mr Curtis would repair the frame with a new T45 downtube?

I'm sure he'd be more than happy to help. give him a tinkle and see what he says.

http://www.curtisbikes.co.uk

Author:  re-buy-cycle [ Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:18 pm ]
Post subject: 

Will do, cheers.
That frame looks lovely! good job!

Author:  retrogeezer [ Sun May 11, 2008 11:49 am ]
Post subject: 

Nice frameset Osama.....

Author:  re-buy-cycle [ Mon May 12, 2008 9:31 am ]
Post subject: 

Just found this on ebay if anyone's interested?
Nice little junior Brian Curtis, looks in good condition.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=013

Attachments:
205d_1.jpg
205d_1.jpg [ 33.21 KiB | Viewed 549 times ]

Author:  osama [ Sat May 24, 2008 10:21 am ]
Post subject: 

cheers dude, what value is the frame worth would you think?

Author:  Cariebelle [ Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:09 am ]
Post subject:  Curtis Race

Wow I can't believe how much Curtis BMX is talked about. I used to race for the team in the '80's. My dad was the manager. I still have my old race bike. Dad designed and manufactered some of the frames. He still has the original jigs!! and some frames, forks & handlebars.

Author:  re-buy-cycle [ Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:46 pm ]
Post subject: 

Cool! tell him to give me a shout if he wants to sell any of it: info@re-buy-cycle.co.uk.
Back in the 90's me and my boy used to watch the Curtis team race at many events, do they still have a race team?

Author:  re-buy-cycle [ Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:53 pm ]
Post subject: 

As for value on the Curtis frame of yours? who knows! I thought that one on ebay would be lucky to get £150, I was hoping to get it at £80. but it sold for £210.
So if I thought yours was worth at least £300. then maybe you should add some (say £100), but then again a complete bike, all original is worth more.
As they say 'its worth as much as someones prepared to pay for it!'
What do you think its worth?

Author:  gorilladodd [ Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Curtis frames

Been thinking about selling my old curtis bmx, does anywhere know where the best place would be to put it up for sale, would it be ebay?

The bike, all in all is in pretty good condition, hasn't be ridden for years, and the crank slips a little, which may need changing but apart from that its in good condition. has old school redline v-bars, and also old school mongoose saddle that i picked up off a friend years ago

will try and get some pics on here of it

Author:  gorilladodd [ Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Curtis bmx

Does anyone have any ideas what this would be worth these days?

Attachments:
curtis 10.JPG
curtis 10.JPG [ 126.08 KiB | Viewed 315 times ]
curtis12.JPG
curtis12.JPG [ 143.86 KiB | Viewed 315 times ]
curtis 11.JPG
curtis 11.JPG [ 150.9 KiB | Viewed 315 times ]

Author:  re-buy-cycle [ Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:43 pm ]
Post subject: 

I'd buy it off you at the right price, are you anywhere near Milton Keynes?

Author:  retrogeezer [ Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:37 pm ]
Post subject: 

It looks very nice Gorilladodd, I'd also be interested for my collection, if you read through the thread you will see I am very into Curtis BMX's.

Cheers

Author:  gorilladodd [ Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:38 pm ]
Post subject:  curtis bmx

Thanks for all the interest. I am living in gloucestershire if people were more interested in looking at the bike.

If people would like more information on the bike my e-mail is gorilladodd at hotmail.com.

I also have more pictures of the bike that i could send

Cheers

Author:  gorilladodd [ Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:54 pm ]
Post subject:  e-bay

if anyone is interested just put my bike on e-bay for sale

Author:  Cariebelle [ Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:14 am ]
Post subject:  Curtis Race

I've managed to get hold of a photo of some of the original Curtis Racing Team. The photo was used for advertising in the BMX magazine. It shows the Mini, Pro, Expert, Cruiser & Freestyler. Those were the days..look at the hair!!

Attachments:
Curtis1.jpg
Curtis1.jpg [ 158.97 KiB | Viewed 361 times ]

Author:  toys19 [ Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Curtis wanted

Hi if any of you Curtis -o -philes are thinking of selling any Curtis models or parts I would be interested. I have cash waiting, and a proper appreciation of their value so you ain't gonna get ripped off!
Send me a PM!
Thanks

Toys19

Author:  retrogeezer [ Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:28 pm ]
Post subject: 

Thats a way cool photo Carie....

And gorilladod, what happened to the listing? I couldn't find it in completed items.

Author:  gorilladodd [ Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:40 pm ]
Post subject: 

It went in the end retrogeezer on e-bay, someone bought it at the last minute

Sad to see it gone now

Author:  retrogeezer [ Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:22 am ]
Post subject: 

how much for??

If I search for curtis bmx and completed items it doesn't show up.

Author:  gorilladodd [ Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:27 am ]
Post subject: 

Sold it for £180 in the end, wishes i hadn't now, recently seen a curtis freestyle on ebay for a buy it now for £300 and it looks to be in bad condition compared to mine

Author:  Neil G [ Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:45 pm ]
Post subject: 

Lovely bikes :D

Remember a friend of mine had a lovely chromed 80s model, crumpled the headtube to bugg*ry jumping a sandpit...front wheel hang up :cry:

Author:  kanerdog1x1 [ Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:14 pm ]
Post subject: 

crumpled headtube!?! i find that hard to believe, the curtis headtubes are the strongest in the inductry, even today.

Author:  bmxbandit [ Mon May 04, 2009 6:10 pm ]
Post subject:  blow off the cob webs!

i have a collection of curtis bikes from the early freestyle to cruiser and race, my early freestyle is not the dove tail looking one it has no pegs on the rear.. oh and this may be of interest to some people on here? on the 4th page there is a pic of the curtis riders, if i remember rightly many years ago i bought 2 curtis bikes off a guy who claimed they were raced by the curtis team the name john and powell come to mind, and if i`m not mistaken the bike on the far right of that pic is sat in my shed pretty much as it is in the pic... the wheels ukai 20 1/3 8th size i think, yeah wierd i know also has a black octopus stem, tange headset and the bars are alloy renthal i have two sets of, i think the chain is original d.i.d with 3 piece crank, i still have both bikes, 1 is near mint and both still have full stickers
i`m less than 10 miles away from the curtis factory too
regards jon

Author:  BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN [ Tue May 05, 2009 8:18 pm ]
Post subject: 

always loved the look of the Curtis and would love to have one in my collection 8)

Hi to Simon (RG) :wink:

re-buy-cycle ~ where you the guy that got lost with us on the London ride 08 macmillan cancer - we lost the others (1st group of riders) and ended up heading the wrong way - spoke to you about Pro burners ! ?

cheers B :wink:

Author:  martylaa [ Thu May 14, 2009 1:40 am ]
Post subject:  Curtis

If any of you boys want to sell one of your many then drop me a line looking for a curtis pro any condition.
Marty

Author:  Juju [ Mon May 18, 2009 10:31 pm ]
Post subject: 

I think one of the guys over at burnerworld sold a curtis F&F for £35 the other day, but it was pickup only somewhere in the north, and he'd used it for "spray paint" experimentation.

Still worth buying but too far from me....

Author:  kanerdog1x1 [ Sat May 15, 2010 10:06 pm ]
Post subject: 

hey all, sorry to dig up this old thread. i am thinking about possibly considering toying with the idea of selling this bike. having had it for a good few years it occured to me that i might dust if off and use it these last few weeks of sunshine weve had. seemed like a good idea at the time.

so pulled it out, dusted it off, pumped the tyres up and rode it to the sweety shop, all was good. seemed quick, even with the mags on. and rode it a second journey into town to the local bike shop. then hung it back up. so i would estimate its done a total of about 4 or 5 miles since the rebuild.

what a waste.

so is there any body on here that may be interested? drop me a pm, and if there is interest i can post some fotos. etc..matt

Author:  kanerdog1x1 [ Sun May 16, 2010 9:26 pm ]
Post subject: 

ok, following a bit of interest on the pm, here are some fotos taken of the bike the other day and this afternoon.

having given her a bit of tlc in the stand she has reminded me how nice these bikes are. the frame is a work of art, the wheels are immaculate, and the little touches like the alloy bars and the tange headlock really remind me why i built the bike.

Author:  Neil G [ Thu May 20, 2010 8:25 am ]
Post subject: 

kanerdog1x1 wrote:
crumpled headtube!?! i find that hard to believe, the curtis headtubes are the strongest in the inductry, even today.

Sorry, crumpled the downtube to bu*gery with the front wheel hang up, probably stretched the headtube as well

Still make nice BMXs although a friend of mine did manage to crack one at the headtube gusset

Author:  MartyP [ Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:52 pm ]
Post subject: 

I've just come across most of a Brian Curtis BMX bike - all except the front wheel & bars... 1984 according to the frame number...

Not bad nick really...

M.

Author:  Andrewm [ Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:09 am ]
Post subject: 

Have just stumbled on this thread and I have very good memories of my Curtis Pro. I can't remember when or who I sold it to, but needless to say, I wish I'd kept it!

Attachments:
bmx1.jpg
bmx1.jpg [ 62.3 KiB | Viewed 332 times ]

Author:  kanerdog1x1 [ Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:26 pm ]
Post subject: 

hi guys.

iv not been on the forum too much of late, tho it cant be that long as i am still logged in!

i have reluctantly decided to sell the bike. i havent ridden it for over 18 months now, and as its a rider perhaps its time to sell?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 1114wt_924
she is on evil bay for a week, but i am open to offers to circumnavigate the fees....

as the listing says she is ready to go, somebody hopefully will be able to have alot of fun with her.

Author:  Andrewm [ Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:32 pm ]
Post subject: 

Uh oh - this is very close to the spec of my old bike - sorely tempted - what sort of money are you looking for?

Author:  kanerdog1x1 [ Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

hypm.

Author:  kanerdog1x1 [ Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:16 pm ]
Post subject: 

ok people, the bike is re-homed. it now resides with a chap called darrell who has a clothing company called rukkus, and said chap used to be on the curtis team. he has promised to take good care of it, and is hoping to use the bike as a promotional centrepiece.

:D

Author:  jamabikes [ Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:58 pm ]
Post subject: 

wow not to rub salt in or owt but that seems cheap. lovely machine

Author:  kanerdog1x1 [ Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:57 pm ]
Post subject: 

see, i dont think its cheap, i think its about right. somebody or other pm'd me last week and i suggested £300 and he said hed think about it so i was roughly right. i think the days of over inflated bmx prices are over. im not unhappy with the price, and i know its a good home....

Author:  obionecoby [ Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:47 am ]
Post subject:  curtis race

hi i just got hold of this love it. great reading guys

Attachments:
$(KGrHqEOKpIE24gPyk0rBN4QkZ0O7g~~_12.jpg
$(KGrHqEOKpIE24gPyk0rBN4QkZ0O7g~~_12.jpg [ 22.87 KiB | Viewed 295 times ]

Author:  BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN [ Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:40 am ]
Post subject: 

looking very sweet there 8)

mate of mine has a Curtis freestyler - well had i should say, as when he was younger he cut the loop stand and side stands off cos he din't like them :roll: :cry: :lol: it now is the same as a pro curtis - bu the still has the forks with the foot stands on :lol:

i'm trying to get him to sort it out - we both think powdered black with the gold decals will look the nuts :twisted:

now just to keep pushing him :lol:

Author:  bmxbandit [ Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:43 pm ]
Post subject:  curtis collection

hi all just a quick post i'm still here and i have been thinking of the curtis bikes i have... 18 years in my care, ( 4 last time i counted )as i've had a couple attempts of breaking in from pieces of scum, they failed! badly as i was told from the buyer (stolen to order) before they tried to rob me , well seems i should get them out sometime soon when the weather cheers up abit and polish them all as they are chrome, i really should be putting pics up of all mine for every1 genuine to enjoy, so you might want to watch this space over the warmer months.. i did consider selling up because of my wedding on the 9th of june but decided against it in no time

Author:  bmxbandit [ Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:03 pm ]
Post subject:  curtis bikes

by the way if anyone is wondering why the stolen to order buyer told me.. it was actually 2 yobs making the biggest mistake of not knowing that they were infact trying to sell my bikes to my very own brother who also lead them on very well thinking he was interested in stolen bikes, so when he was told curtis bikes or honda cr motocross bike he then asked where? the idiots even told him my address! apparentely it was £50 each curtis or £250 for the new honda cr