Puch

Was thinking about bikes I had as a kid and remember I got one of these either '82/83 when everyone else had the Raleigh Burner, Mongoose,Kuwahara etc. Iwas the only one with a puch in the area and my mate for some reason always took the piss out of the forks claiming they were on the wrong way due to the angle they sat at.

The one I think I had was this as I can remember the handle bars but the bike was yellow and so was the pads etc. So were they any good and what the going price for them now? Like the chopper etc my brother had ended up in the big tip in the sky.

puch2_lg.jpg

PUCH was a copy of the mongoose for the cheaper market but still not bad

most people had a Burner as it was the biggest name in the cheaper end bmx's - with so many models and great promotion

lesser bmx's were just as good, but when a kid sees that Raleigh are the one's to ! well it was what most bike shops love to sell

with the burners having some good parts it made Puch look a bit dull as well

Puch began making BMX bikes as early as the 1970s. Many different models appeared including the Challenger, Invader and Trak Pro. In 1981 they worked with Speed Unlimited in Wayne, New Jersey to manufacture a line of high end BMX race bikes. Speed Unlimited also made bikes for Hutch and their own brand Thruster. The model they made for Puch was the Trak Pro. In 1981 Puch also began sponsoring BMX racers across the United States. The green, black and white uniform was soon showing up at BMX tracks across America, especially in the Northeast. You can see a collection of Puch's at the

click here
http://puchbmx.wordpress.com/

they are around on the bay and you can pick them up cheap as a frame or a full bmx

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Old-Scool-Bmx ... 4ab0eb7883

cheers B ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
WOW! I don't know wether to laugh or cry.

I had one of these as a kid, an 84 perhaps, Invader rings a bell. It was certainly no Burner!! LOL

Back