Kuwi bars resto

BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

Senior Retro Guru
These are the bars that came with the DP GL plus

they have the usual marks and dull chrome with a bit of rust and pin hole rust spots - but have no dings or dents and no big scrape marks

so i have got to work on them with a oven cleaner - peek - and a polish off to make them shin as best they can ;)

mix of before and after shots

as i got them - not easy to see as the flash bounce comes in

SNC18916.jpg

SNC18915.jpg

SNC18917.jpg

SNC18935.jpg

SNC18918.jpg

SNC18949.jpg

SNC18921.jpg

SNC18948.jpg

SNC18919.jpg

SNC18940.jpg

SNC18920.jpg

SNC18930.jpg

SNC18923.jpg

SNC18950.jpg

SNC18922.jpg

SNC18939.jpg

SNC18924.jpg

SNC18937.jpg

SNC18954.jpg

SNC18925.jpg

SNC18941.jpg

SNC18942.jpg

SNC18943.jpg

SNC18929.jpg

cheers B ;)

always impressed by your polishing skills...when i try it comes out better than before but never this well.

time and elbow grease is the best for it

learning what does what and what is best for the job - i have fooked up quite a few bits in the past :LOL:

i have found never to go too harsh to start with = this just pi=uts more lines / scrapes / digs too deep - which make it harder to work on

prep is the best - knowing your cleaning products helps - some thing that will soften the rust before you scrape it off with a razor will help = dry rust can scrape more along the metal you are working on - wet rust will not drag so much

peek is way better that autosol - autosol is more harsh then peek - which will leave more hair lines for you to try and get out on top of what you have already

use dry peek (as it comes out the tube) first, then get a damp wet cloth and put some more peek on the cloth and work over the item again - it glides over better and will make the item shine even more

try Turtle Waxes BUG & TAR remover - it has a degreaser in it and a light polish - on chrome it takes off the dirt and grease but also b rings up the chrome - a good way to wash your bike, and make it shine - but as it has a polisher in it you can't go to hard on it over decals and such like things that will rub off - on powder coat it works a treat, bringing it up smooth and clean

there is nothing better than getting hold of a old part and putting in some hard work to see it come back to life :D

time and effort will bring parts back up and a smile or yer face + a sense of pride when the parts looks so good

so lets see you all start work on a item that you thought might not come back from the dead :twisted:

cheers B ;)

Back