1983 Kuwahara Phase1 team

Cypher

Retro Guru
Very Bizzare looking frameset by CW, anyone seen any of these around? :?

Attachments

• 1983 CW Phaze 1 Team frameset.jpg
    1983 CW Phaze 1 Team frameset.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 672
I noticed a load of those over on VintageBMX.com. First photo I saw looked like the frame had split.

Presumably the frame designer eventually notched it up as 'an experimental phase'.

Love the look - iirc there was someone manufacturing frames in the same style recently - 20, 24 and 26"ers. I'll see if I can find the link.

CW Phase (Z frame) copy

Found it!! Kappa BMX.

Gorgeous looking bikes . . . modern take on oldschool style :D Don't seem to offer the K20z frame any more though.

k-20z.jpg

hello, its not a kuwahara, its a 'cw'-coast wheels. they used to be famed for their 'cw' bars, the two piece bars with the almost straight bar along the top. i have a kuwahara, but would love a cw.

Opps!Wrong Make, Thanks for the correction! (so embarrassed)

Great looking frame but I've heard from some that they crack like sittitng on a biscuit! :p

Apparently, the story goes that they mocked up acouple of these for a bike show, they created a huge amount of interest so they ended up making them for sale.

mostly they cracked around the z welds, have seen more than one repaired and fitted with an after market gusset torched in to relieve the stress on this area. (don't, please do this!!) still a beauty tho'

Great looking bikes, saw a couple of these at the Radbmx meet last year at Milton Keynes race track.
They're doing another meet this year if anyone's in the area, lots of real classic bmx on show, and raced by their owners too!
I'm not promoting them, but check them out at http://www.radbmx.co.uk/

robm":2b8oes4k said:
mostly they cracked around the z welds, have seen more than one repaired and fitted with an after market gusset torched in to relieve the stress on this area. (don't, please do this!!) still a beauty tho'

Welding a Gusset there? NO Way! :?

Back