skyway ta??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelfunster

Dirt Disciple
hello all....i bought an old bmx the other day and need to know what it actually is and if its worth anything?? how do you upload photos on here?

kelfunster":1bbfhwvn said:
hello all....i bought an old bmx the other day and need to know what it actually is and if its worth anything?? how do you upload photos on here?

* Re. what it is:
They're quite distinctive: Tubing, dropouts etc.

Maybe try browsing Vintage BMX and BMX Museum. They're more specialized forums and more active than the BMX section here on Retrobike. And there are lots of TA owners there.

* Re. What it's worth:
That's highly subjective & depends entirely on condition and originality. And whether it's a frame & fork or a complete bike.

For example, an unused, original frame (NOS or New Old-Stock) would easily be worth WAY more than one that "LOOKS" 100% presentable but has actually been resprayed & has reproduction decals (no matter how good the renovation work). It will almost certainly be worth decent money, unless it needs costly repairs/ tube replacement/ re-chroming; Only the best ones are worth BIG money.

If you're a Brit, the best place to ask what it's worth is:
http://www.radbmx.co.uk/.
But, just like other forums, they get a bit annoyed with new members who simply want to make money from a one-off sale rather than stick around and contribute to the community. So be warned.

Uploading pictures is a chore on this forum.

> Log in;

> Click "Gallery 2" (near the top of the page/ below the main banner/ right side)

> Click the "Your Gallery" link.

Hope that helps.

Ah, so you already started another thread about it?

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=116582

Without even doing any research yourself (like typing "Skyway TA "into Google Images?) or waiting for a reply to this thread...?

You see what I mean about long-term members getting annoyed about "What's it worth/ Do you want to buy it"

BUT anyway, to help out & your question:
That frame and forks has never been anywhere near Skyway. Not even the frame stickers. It's some random far eastern frame that I cant remember and MAYBE a rusted Tange fork, at best.

The wheels ARE Skyways. They're in bad shape but they can be restored with some work and knowledge. They have the earlier alloy hubs, but if you say the bearings need replacing, then that's more work; don't get your hopes up.

There is one part on that bike that is worth more than the rest of it combined.
But still nowhere near your asking price.

As I said, condition is everything and that non-TA, whatever it may be, is kind of rough. Everywhere.

Good luck selling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back