The BMX Introduce Yourself Here Thread

Re:

I'm back!!!! Well, back into bmx cuz I have a kid that is now into cool bikes. And what is cooler than an old school bmx??
I'm gonna need some help..........

Re: old school bmx

Hi everyone looking for 80s quality bmx for my self bit of a mid life was just surfing and found this site so if you know of any would appreciate it thanks

Re:

Hi folks,

Just introduced myself on the MTB forum due to my 1993 Kona Lava Dome but thought I would say hello here too based on my even older 1983 original Ultra Burner that I received for my 11th birthday.
I had some great fun on this bike during the eighties both racing and freestyle tricks but then drifted away in my high school years before moving onto MTB in the early nineties.
I still own the bike and it is still all original. Parts were replaced when worn but always for original parts and that is how it has remained. Fortunately it has been stored away in a dry location for all these years and I am now going through the painstaking process of cleaning it all up and refreshing it. Other than a few chips on the frame, cleaning the chrome and new stickers there is not much needs doing. The bearings are in an (unbelievable) immaculate condition and I discovered the inner tubes are still the original ones complete with Raleigh embossed on them.

The only dilema I have now is whether to straighten the aluminium pedal cages where they were bent and then to re-anodize them along with the scratched brake levers and maybe the bars. The problem is finding somewhere that might do such a small job.

I'm now off to search for tips.

Hello to everyone!
I keen on old school bikes, so I have some projects connected with repair and restore. Here is so much usefull informetion!
I've already found so many tips and ideas. Hope, soon, I'll be able to show my projects done.

Re: New to the crew

Hi my name is Joshua saint John I'm out of Las Vegas Nevada 46 years old and I'm new to this site just trying to get back into the BMX hobby I guess doesn't look like anybody's use this since 2010 according to the records I'll give it a try anyways peace

Re: Diamondback Lover

I've had a few very good bikes that I built from scratch in my life one being a hutch trickstar which course was stolen the other two or diamondback silver streaks and now I'm working on a diamondback assault ex. So when you diamondback people that would like to share some information with me and maybe help me out with my bike I think it's a 95 assault ex21 in top 2 much love Joshua st. John

Re: new here.

Hello everyone. This is my first time on here and from what I have seen this is a great site and just keeps getting better. I recently bought a 90s Dyno nitro that I always wanted as a kid but my parents couldnt afford it. Well now I have a kid who I just bought his first bmx bike so I bought the bike I always wanted. I raced a little BMX as a kid and ride road bikes but I forgot how fun a BMX bike is. Even at 39 it's like I'm a kid again.

Re: 80's chrome frame

Hi guys,
Iv just acquired this frame, it maybe a Mongoose of a Hanter but im not sure.
Its made from crmo tubing if that helps.
I would be very grateful for any help.
Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200521_220402_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20200521_220402_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 2,454
New joiner

Hi

I've just finished a revival of my first full size BMX. This is using an O'Brian Challenge bike along with many new parts.

This one's a keeper.

Also have a Sunday Spark (2011)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200628-093812.png
    Screenshot_20200628-093812.png
    760.2 KB · Views: 2,110

Latest posts

Back