Returning to BMX after 20 years

MrMentalist

Retro Newbie
Hey People I think I'm having a mid-life crisis after having a bash at the Manchester BMX indoor track.

I'm 41 and seriously considering buying a BMX

There is so many now and the new stuff look different (Seats a lot lower and bikes look smaller and tyres look fatter, main crank gears look smaller)

I used to own several BMX bikes as a kid but my first one was an Ammaco Mongoose Freestyler.

Soooo question I'd like to ask is If was to get back into it, should I be looking at new or hunt for an old school example?, I want one for mainly having a ride round on in the summer weeks, I'm not looking for track use.

Seen a few new ones but wanted lots of input and feedback

Cheers

Pete

We have the same age, and back in the 80´s in my country the BH California was so popular that near all boys and some girls have one.

I wouldn´t mind to own one, but I remenber my friends running fast and jumping and the next day in class many of them came with war wounds and nobody complained, we were very happy :eek:
I was the first guy of my classroom to buy a MTB and for me today the MTB is all. I still enjoy like in late 80´s or more. :)

The old BMX are nice but modern are simpy much better. I cannot see my self in a California, but perhaps in this Wethepeople yes.

Attachments

• WTP_MY19_Trust_CS_matt_black-02.jpg
    WTP_MY19_Trust_CS_matt_black-02.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 2,119
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 2,119

Latest posts

Back