need a quick answer to what bike this is

josh27

Retro Newbie
hi,

i am wondering what bike this is. sorry, i havent got any clearer pictures unfortunately.
i am looking to do my first restoration and wonder if this is a good starting project?

tttttttttttttt.jpg

thanks

looks like a bmx to me and not a particularly good one at that, by the look of the headset and stem...

But isn't the key thing of a restoration that you are interested in the bike a bit, might actually use it a bit (or have someone to give it to when you have finished)?

Do a bit more research on the decals perhaps and start googling? You may have struck upon a titanium-framed racer special... and that will give you a buzz if it happens!

RickTheUncivil":2sbsdzuv said:
No idea, but looks like a lot of work needed on that one!
haha yep, there sure is but im up for a challenge. got way too much spare time on my hands you see so looking to occupy some of it and thought
why not get back into collecting.

pondweed":2sbsdzuv said:
looks like a bmx to me and not a particularly good one at that, by the look of the headset and stem...

But isn't the key thing of a restoration that you are interested in the bike a bit, might actually use it a bit (or have someone to give it to when you have finished)?

well like i said above i used to collect as a kid. one time i even got hold of an EX. racers bmx (raleigh i think it was, really cant remember), but at the time didn't realize its value and sadly it got nicked not long after i got it, was partly my fault, sigh. i had quite a big collection by the end of my hobby and then my new hobby gaming took over and they just sat in the garden for ages until some scrap metal guy came to take them away (by then they were pretty much goners). i regret allot of things, this has gotta be one of the biggest.

pondweed":2sbsdzuv said:
Do a bit more research on the decals perhaps and start googling? You may have struck upon a titanium-framed racer special... and that will give you a buzz if it happens!

thing is i haven't got it yet. its up for free in some ad. though its quite far away so not sure if it's worth driving all the way up there.

thanks for the replies.

Re:

Post this on the old school bmx life on Facebook. There are a lot of guys on there who know their stuff when it comes to 80s bikes.

Sean

Back