Curtis Cruiser 1983

restorich

Retro Guru
Hi. I'm thinking of selling my Curtis but also having second thoughts after cleaning it and getting some photos yesterday. Owned for around 15 years and ridden around the block maybe once a year. Finally got around to putting the decals on that I managed to get from Brian and Gary last year. Unfortunately it does have 2 small dents on the seatstays. Any idea of value if I do decide to sell?
Thanks for any help...

My guess is that it's worth a lot!

How much depends on whether the parts are originals or re-pops. Same for paint, though the BMX guys are a lot less bothered it seems about paying for a new finish if it needs it to be minty. And you've had it 15 years but how old is it?

I'd suggest having a very thorough look around on Rad BMX forum http://www.radbmx.co.uk/ and looking at prices of similar bikes in the for sale section. Be aware that folk like a bargain and if someone unscrupulous thinks you don't know its true value they may try to take advantage of that. So do your homework first. It would probably also help if you had an idea of how much money you would like for it. It doesn't matter if it's worth £xx if you wouldn't sell it for less than £xxx!

But if it were me, unless you need the money or the space I'd keep it.
That said, the arse has to fall out of the BMX market soon, so you might get top dollar selling sooner rather than later. :LOL:

firedfromthecircus":3jzpv9nz said:
My guess is that it's worth a lot!

How much depends on whether the parts are originals or re-pops. Same for paint, though the BMX guys are a lot less bothered it seems about paying for a new finish if it needs it to be minty. And you've had it 15 years but how old is it?

I'd suggest having a very thorough look around on Rad BMX forum http://www.radbmx.co.uk/ and looking at prices of similar bikes in the for sale section. Be aware that folk like a bargain and if someone unscrupulous thinks you don't know its true value they may try to take advantage of that. So do your homework first. It would probably also help if you had an idea of how much money you would like for it. It doesn't matter if it's worth £xx if you wouldn't sell it for less than £xxx!

But if it were me, unless you need the money or the space I'd keep it.
That said, the arse has to fall out of the BMX market soon, so you might get top dollar selling sooner rather than later. :LOL:

Thanks. It's alot to think about so not rushing into anything just yet. I've joined Radbmx again yesterday so will have a look and put a post on there. I spoke to Brian and Gary about it and they said it will be an 83 frame and only a handful were made. I got it around 15 years ago with all the original bits and then stripped and rebuilt it with powder coated satin black frame etc as the chrome was not so good. The cranks,pedals,stem,fr hub ans seatpost clamp are all original.
I knew it was a nice bike when I got it but only found out about 6 years ago that it's a Curtis.
I now have this too...

I could do with the space and don't use the Cruiser but like to look at it :cool:
Decisions decisions....

Back