Can anyone give me any info on this?

losidan

Senior Retro Guru
Hi,

I stumbled across this on pinkbike...Peugoet Festina for sale £125, I was eyeing it up as a daily rider. I have tried messaging the guy with a couple of questions as there is practically no detail in the ad. It's a bit like getting blood out of a stone though. Shimano components with sti I believe. Is it decent frame tubing on these? Does anyone know what shimano grouppo it is and what the wheels are?
Any info would be greatly appreciated. Couldnt turn up much online.
pug1.jpg

RSX shifters date it to about 1996. Looks like a cheap steel frame with 7 speed transmission- looks like cheaper than RSX RD with non Shimano brakes and hubs also......

Another hundred quid or so will turn you up something much nice and lighter...................

aNDY

Rims look like they could be Velocity Aero, but I don't know.. The front might be different from the rear too looking at the picture.

well, looks like RSX - the brakes look like exage as the sticker is still visible on the rear

frame material could be columbus Thron or reynolds 525 which I've seen Peugeot using around 1996

Have a look at my Peugeot frame from around the same time:

dsc01495_455.jpg

Deciphering the reply to my last questions it is rigida rims, 14 speed and SLX components....

SLX, I never knew there was a road SLX grouppo?

Back