Used to own...

IDB1

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Was wandering around RB earlier and, without warning, remembered the road bike my parents bought me about 30 years ago..

Carlton Pro Am 12

Don't remember a whole lot about it with regard to spec but it was a VERY light blue (with a slight pearl) and had black 'flock' handlebars . .

iirc they paid about £300 for it (lot of wedge in 1980 :shock: )

I had one a very very long time ago. Left behind by the previous owners of a house my sister bought. Went well once put back together

I actually spent most of 1966 drooling over a Carlton Professional in a catalogue whilst listening to the World Cup on the radio. :cool:

Never got around to buying the bike though - a young boy's dream, never realised! :oops:

I fell off it within days of getting it and messed up the bars. . dumb idea that flocking on them. . :roll:

Was completely traumatised.

Brought a 1975 Carlton Ten, from the car boot last sunday....
Lovely copper colour, reynolds 531, really looks good......

There's a Carlton the same colour as my old one in the 'show us your road bikes' thread.. the stickers don't ring any bells but that doesn't exactly mean much these days ;)

I really ought to browse some local tips and see if I can pick up anything worth having...

And some car boot attendances could be fruitful too.. only ever been to 1 and was only there for the walk. .

Car boots are the way, to go. Get there nice and early, and you can still get out on your bike after.
Picked up a Brian Rourke, full shimano 600, really cheap last year.

Latest posts

Back