A knock at the door...

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
...while I'm burning dinner and the manager from my local recycling centre drops me off:

a Raleigh Record Sprint! In full 501 nessnessness

My size too, gold bits intact and everything

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Attachments

• raleigh record sprint.jpg
    raleigh record sprint.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 1,122
now your just rubbing our noses in it, you are getting tip delivery :roll:

Nice frame though :cool:

Oh my.

My spidey sense detects it may be missing two parts though.

Easy_Rider":1r306476 said:
now your just rubbing our noses in it, you are getting tip delivery :roll:

Nice frame though :cool:

As soon as I saw his bobble hat through the window I wondered what he'd brought over....

John":1r306476 said:
Oh my.

My spidey sense detects it may be missing two parts though.

They were never anything special on these bikes - I'll put something suitable together.

That looks like one of the smaller sizes they made in that model :twisted: :roll:

I've never seen a small one!! They're all huge.

Old Ned":32uvonmx said:
That looks like one of the smaller sizes they made in that model :twisted: :roll:

I've never seen a small one!! They're all huge.

I had a small ovalised tubing version back in 1990 as my first 'proper' road bike with 6spd Sachs chromed close ratio cassette and cut down drops, it must have been only a 21".

Mine has been in a garage rafters for about 20 years unused.

These are fetching good prices now:

http://completed.shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html ... 2eabe42f5d

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
you are like the local cat sanctuary for cats now...people bring their unloved bikes and you give them a roof over their heads and kindness to bring and end to their suffering.

It's a calling...

Instant moneymaking tip....Turn it into a fixed, place an ad on ebay with the words fixie and pista in the title and some dopey hipster will give you half the value of your house for it

I think of him more as a Bagpuss, aided by the Mice on the Mouseorgan...........

heeeeeave!! heeeaaaavvvee!!....................

From the Land Of Giants.... huge.......

I have had smaller versions of this and other Raleigh sports bikes including the ovalised tubing bikes, there were many down the tip in the mid 1990's. :LOL:

Looks like this one has survived longer than most, yeah stick it on ebbay and let some one else have a play :) you don't need it .. unless you are 8 foot tall that is............

Back