Colnago Master

Chase

Dirt Disciple
Hi there,

I got myself this beautifull frame! Can someone tell me around what year he was build? Is it a special edition with the 'ten times world champion' on it?

Thanks!

p4pb4792587.jpg

p4pb4792586.jpg

p4pb4792584.jpg

its similar to the one I had, which I bought about 1988. Mine differed in that it had no world champ logo, less ornate head lugs and didnt have the STI guides (altho the latter looks a sort of add-on?)
Colour, chroming and transfers (world champ bit excepted) were identical

Nice. I'd have guess late 80s from the decals.

The STI guide looks to be under a headset cup.

What do you want to know about the rainbow bands. Assume at the point colnago had won 10 word champs. Pretty common addition to bikes by manufacturers.

Sti guides are under the headset cup indeed. Was just looking for some information for the frame. Didn't really found info in the net about this one :)

Chase":30pmg5hr said:
Sti guides are under the headset cup indeed. Was just looking for some information for the frame. Didn't really found info in the net about this one :)

Colmbus built master with gilco profile tubes. Probably late 80s.

Unsure if the number braze on was standard, don't think so. May indicate it was a team bike or at least owned by an aspiring racer.

Chase":vyjxrmfr said:
Hi there,

I got myself this beautifull frame! Can someone tell me around what year he was build? Is it a special edition with the 'ten times world champion' on it?

Beautifull it is

The stripes do not necessarely denote a special edition. In my stable I spot them on many bikes and they are not all ex pro bikes or SE's: Champion Mondial, Alan, SwissCross, Miyata ...and on the RIH, including the additition '63 olympic and world titles' :) No reason te feel ashamed with 10 titles though.

Handsome Colnago. Much more fan of this solid/chrome combo than the busy Art Decor and alike schemes.

I guess the "ten times world champion" is a clue to the age of the frame. It has to be from after they won their 10th championship and before their 11th. No idea when that was though, or how long of a period that would be for that matter.

Back