Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:06 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 979 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98

How did you find retrobike?
Google Search 63%  63%  [ 66 ]
Link from a friend 14%  14%  [ 15 ]
Social media (facebook, twitter, google+) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Print media 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Another bike site 13%  13%  [ 14 ]
Something else 8%  8%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 104
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:14 pm 

Hi folks, finally got round to registering after years of looking at many beautiful bikes here and picking up lots of useful bits of information from various threads.

I'm Gabe, 32 and London based. I've ridden bikes all my life but got a bit more seriously into road cycling about 4-5 years ago. My current bikes are a 2008 Cervelo Soloist Carbon which is the weekend ride, a beautiful late 90s lightweight Dedacciai tubed Atala, and now a new project frame, a Vitus 992.

Looking forward to sharing my builds, admiring more amazing bikes and getting involved with the community here. :)

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:13 pm 

Hi
Another new person with some old bike interest.

I hope to gleam some info about an old Raleigh Sirocco but I will look for the correct thread for that.

Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:22 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi All,
I've recently returned to cycling after thirty years, re-joined my old club, I bought a new hybrid , with the intention of riding to the local shop and pottering about town and a few club runs.
From there, i couldn't resist an old Giant road bike which is more from my era, followed by two Raleigh's, one of which is being restored and the other is up for sale.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:45 pm 

Hi

After sourcing Information in this and various other forums for years, I thought i could finally register to pose questions and share my knowledge.

I am 23 years old, live in Switzerland near the Jura mountains and started to ride / repair / restore an old Alan about three years ago. Since then, i have slowly started accumulating more bikes & tools. At this point I still possess my Alan and a Basso Cyclocross, which is still in progress.

Looking forward to sharing my builds, admire more amazing bikes and getting involved in the community here. :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:37 pm 

Hi, just thought I would hello.
I have just acquired a Raleigh Europa, I always wanted one when I was a kid... You know the rest.
It is now in the Garage with my British motorcycles.
The bike is in good fettle just needs a clean and new tyres. Will post pics when I can.
Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:38 pm 
Dirt Disciple

RALEIGH EUROPA - hey good to hear you've acquired a Raleigh Europa and in good condition, I remember them well from the 1980's with their striking red/yellow/black combo. Why not tell us a bit more about the bike - history, year, frame size, component spec, etc? Would also be good if you posted up some pics.
Here's a time-warp pic of the bike from an old 1981 catalogue I've got lying about here. Cheers!

Attachments:
File comment: Raleigh Europa 1981
Raleigh Europa 1981.jpg
Raleigh Europa 1981.jpg [ 350.43 KiB | Viewed 118 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:26 am 

Hi Craigmount
Thanks for the welcome and the encouragement!Also for the catalogue page. Any idea how long Raleigh made the Europa for? My bike is very similar. I will find the frame number in the morning and post it up. I also need to resize some pictures for the site.
Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:31 pm 
Dirt Disciple

I remember back in the glorious carefree 80's :D a couple of people I worked with had a Raleigh Arena and Raleigh Europa ... the Europa much more desirable!!
Sorry I don't know how long it was for sale ... possibly up to '82 or thereabouts. Try a google search for "Raleigh Catalogue" and see what comes up.
Cheers, Neil.

Post subject: Re:Europa
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:14 pm 

I found the frame number on the bike
NG002121
Nottingham May1980?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 979 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98