Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:05 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 965 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97

How did you find retrobike?
Google Search 63%  63%  [ 66 ]
Link from a friend 14%  14%  [ 15 ]
Social media (facebook, twitter, google+) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Print media 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Another bike site 13%  13%  [ 14 ]
Something else 8%  8%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 104
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:35 am 

Hi, been lurking around for a number of years but decided to join in today. Reside in Cape Town South Africa. Lover of all Ti, Steel and a few Carbon bikes.
Am 47yo and hoping to rekindle my love of riding again. Was an avid competitor between '89-'99.

Frames/Bikes i currently own.
1. Colnago Bititanio with C-Record.
2. 2 X Colnago C40 with SR EPS
3. NOS TVT 92 with DA 7400
4. Eddy Merck 753 in 7-11 livery yet to be built up.
5. Colnago C50 Freuller still to be built.
6. Look KG196 in silver. being built with Mavic (starfish cranks era)
7. Time Helix Equipe old school carbon.
8. Colnago Art Decor.

Am looking forward to contributing and gaining valuable knowledge from the Retrobike folks here.

Post subject: Re: Hello!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:19 am 

Hi all!
I've come across this site on numerous occasions whilst googling for info on my old Raleigh but decided to join after seeing a post on here with a bike similar to mine!
I'm a fifty something, female, fair weather rider, but have only recently got back in the saddle after a break of 21 years :o.
I bought my bike second hand in the late 80's so she's knocking on a bit cause I reckon she's almost as old as I am :lol:. I think she's a late 60's Sprite, a bit like myself :lol: , but not entirely sure, so if anyone would like to chip in, that would be lovely :) . I inadvertently posted some photo's before I introduced myself properly :) :oops: . Cheers.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:01 pm 

I’m Nick and found the site via the majority which is a google search. Picked up a cheap Merckx Falcon on the weekend which I plan on converting to a single speed. I’m not that knowledgeable on bikes so hoping I can get some help as I go alone on here but I’m hoping to fully restore the frame, maybe a different colour and I have found decals on eBay. Can’t remember the last time I used a forum so I’ll try and upload a photo later somehow. I’m assuming a hosting site will be best as it’s saying the pictures from my camera are too big?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:29 pm 
Retro Guru

Hi, I'm checking in on the road side. I'm usually found on the pre 97 mtb section of RB.

I was recently given a very ropey looking Falcon Team Banana that I have now got working and enjoy riding.
I am also collecting parts for my Holdsworth that I will be building as and when I get a chance.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:08 pm 
rider | rBoTM Winner
rider | rBoTM Winner

james1985 wrote:
Hi, I'm checking in on the road side. I'm usually found on the pre 97 mtb section of RB.

I was recently given a very ropey looking Falcon Team Banana that I have now got working and enjoy riding.
I am also collecting parts for my Holdsworth that I will be building as and when I get a chance.

Hello James, you’ll find this side just as friendly & helpfull, if maybe a little less populated! :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 965 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97