Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:02 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 785 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 79  Next

How did you find retrobike?
Google Search 60%  60%  [ 56 ]
Link from a friend 15%  15%  [ 14 ]
Social media (facebook, twitter, google+) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Print media 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Another bike site 15%  15%  [ 14 ]
Something else 9%  9%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 93
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:02 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi, Thought I'd best say hello before my deluge of questions starts :)

Just starting a re-build on a mixte I picked up for my girlfriend and seem to have bitten off a bit more than I expected! Found RB via google and signed up as you all seem to know what you are talking about and a friendly bunch to boot :)

Post subject: intros
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:51 pm 

hiho chaps

Its nice to know I'm not the only one who reckons the old bikes. But beware; they can take over your life somewhat. For instance, some time back, I resolved not to get into double figures with the number of vintage tandems I had. And I've kept to that (just). But this turned into no more than 9 of each make. And there sure was more than one make.......

Same goes for solos.

My missus fancied a wide screen TV: eventually she wore me down. All I want is (another) rusty Chater Lea crank, and I'm happy.

Different things please different folk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:04 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi all, I have just joined the forum and thought I should introduce myself. I am just finishing the build of a GT Edge Aero, photos of which have been posted to the "show us your GT" thread.

My first love was mountain biking (on my trusty old GT Pantera) but always fancied a GT road bike. The Edge Aero frame came up on E-Bay and it looked a bit special, so I thought I would have a go at building it up. I can't wait for the weather to warm up a bit so that I can take it out :D

Post subject: Hello from Ontario
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:31 pm 

A Web search for Dads old frame builder, (Andy Mcneil) , led me to your forums.
Long winters mean Ive usually got some 'winter project' on the go to keep me busy, here is last winters...

Attachments:
SEKINE 007 (Medium).jpg
SEKINE 007 (Medium).jpg [ 106.95 KiB | Viewed 1685 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:59 pm 
Old School Hero

hi,
i'm Richie age 44, and i've joined not long ago, having found the forum when it was mtb only. i don't ride mtb, so it was of little interest, but now that's all different!

i have two bikes, my "summer" (steel and therefore rust-prone!) Raleigh Dyna Tech Race, built up as a replica of Fignon's 89 TdF super u raleigh ride in full c record (i posted some pictures on the raleigh bikes forum gallery under bigfatron also, but have no current pictures available to post here) and my winter Peugeot Vitus 979, complete with a mixed bag of various 3ttt, saccon, campag racing t parts.i dream of a Robert Millar 1984 build, in full super record, but am not a millionaire.....

i'm not a club member and mostly ride at lunch from work in staines, but if anyone is nearby to gerrards cross in bucks it would be nice to ride out with like-minded retro cyclists on a saturday or sunday.

richie

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:01 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi

I'm Brian and got advised on the TimeTrial forum that this is the place for retro stuff.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:34 pm 
Dirt Disciple

I'm Will,

I recently moved from London to Hove and am really enjoying easy access to some great roads and genuine hills.

I'm riding my first sportive in a month or so - the Burgess Hill Springtime Classic. I'm only doing the 50 mile route as I thought I'd better dip my toes in the water first.

My daily ride is Roy Thame Campionissimo and my biggest indulgence is my early 90s Lemond Team Gan GLX, which has a modern SRAM group on it.
I also have a Woodrup Giro but the seatpost stuck.

I came here mostly because I want to sell my girlfriend's Galaxy Mixte, but also because it's a nice way to procrastinate when i should be doing some work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:48 pm 
Retro Guru

Hi i'm jm and need help.Al has tried but failled.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:07 pm 

Hi all. Just stuck my head in the mtb door, so thought I'd say hi here also.
Couple of years ago I picked up a Cougar. Not sure how old it is, 10yrs maybe... Not even sure if its worthy of being in here but its mine & I love it. I got it in a swap, for an old camera lens... :)

A good few hours of trawling through some of the classics on here to come, I think.
Cheers.

Post subject: Re: Hi
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:16 pm 
rider | rBoTM Winner
rider | rBoTM Winner

Brian1946 wrote:
Hi

I'm Brian and got advised on the TimeTrial forum that this is the place for retro stuff.

Thanks

Hi Brian, welcome to a saner place than the TT forum! Just!!

I'm Old Git on the TT forum and, if your forum name is any indication, you're the same age as me!

Plenty for sale - but what are you looking for?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 785 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 79  Next