Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:04 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 769 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 77  Next

How did you find retrobike?
Google Search 61%  61%  [ 55 ]
Link from a friend 16%  16%  [ 14 ]
Social media (facebook, twitter, google+) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Print media 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Another bike site 16%  16%  [ 14 ]
Something else 7%  7%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 90
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:40 pm 

Hi Ignatzcatz,
We did LeJog in 14 days , no rest days and we were quite lucky with the weather

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:40 am 

Just joined the site so thought I should say hi, Ill stick a post in Readers Road Bikes as well!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:37 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi
I stumbled across this forum as I'm sure lots of people do whilst looking for parts. Anyhow glad that I did its a real mine of info and opinion. My names Andy from South Yorkshire and I'm older than most of my bikes which makes the Yorkshire hills a challenge these days. My garage has always been full of bikes and other half finished projects which usually get some attention in the winter months. Current bikes are a Raleigh Clubman an Ellis Briggs of unknown vintage a Nigel Dean from the 1980s and an unknown Claud Butler requiring parts for restoration. My goal for this winter is to restore the Claud to something like original.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:11 pm 

Hi, I'm Bruce, living out on the East coast, just north of Great Yarmouth.

My doctor tells me I need to get back on my bike, but I couldn't find a modern bike I liked, so I am building my own. First one is based on a Raleigh Team Banana, but with most of it thrown away and replaced with used and new parts from ebay. No idea where the next one will take me, though I have an anonymous frame to start with!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:14 pm 

Hello, I'm Cam (and quite Big :roll: )

I live near Cambridge (UK) and I've been cycle commuting for a while now, mostly on MTBs - first a Dawes Wildcat that I've owned since a lad and more recently on one I custom built for the purpose.

This week however I've bought a road bike, and I don't really know what it is - so I'm here to try and find out :?

Gonna post a link to some pictures, and I hope someone can help me.

Cheers,
BigCam

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:09 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi my name is Peter and at the age of 44 am having a mid life crisis.......all be it a cheap one that doesn't involve sports cars and women half my age.
I came back into cycling 10 yrs ago and started off with a steel lemond tormalet,6 months later I came across a an 87 Raleigh road ace which for my sins was pressed into winter service.
Then followed years of upgrading and the cult of cyclocross but the Raleigh always remained.
Now with 7 bikes 6 modern and the Raleigh I've purchased a Raleigh competition 12 1987 primarily as it seems to be the only bike I know that has 501SL tubing and was a devil to find.
So I will be posting regularly for advice on restoring.
peter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:26 am 
Dirt Disciple

Hi all, I'm Morten from Norway.
Stumbled across this site after a google search
Only been interested in retrobikes for about a year or so, when I bought my Greg Lemond.

Also, I often come to to UK and Liverpool to watch the mighty reds... 8)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:31 pm 
Dirt Disciple

That is a gorgeous bike.

Giz it ;-)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:34 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Come get it... :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:05 pm 

Just realised that I have posted a few times without introducing myself.
My name is Dave, I'm 66, retired and mainly cycle on the lanes of North Cheshire.
I've always been interested in cycling, but other sports took precedence and a couple of years ago I bought my first road bike since I was a teenager - mainly because a bad knee stopped my running.
My Mum is from the Flanders town of Geraardsbergen (Grammont), home the the Muur, hence my user name. Mum's older brother, my Uncle Prosper, was a competitive cyclist between the wars and later used to build bikes and was co-founder of the Aurore club of Brussels that is still going strong today.
Although the bike I bought is comfortable and rides well I thought it was ugly (like most modern bikes) and I came across this site when searching for bikes that are a pleasure to look at.
I soon succumbed to the urge to buy a vintage machine and am now the proud owner of the Mattolini Corsa that was offered on here by Bikenut2010.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 769 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 77  Next