Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:27 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 785 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 79  Next

How did you find retrobike?
Google Search 60%  60%  [ 56 ]
Link from a friend 15%  15%  [ 14 ]
Social media (facebook, twitter, google+) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Print media 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Another bike site 15%  15%  [ 14 ]
Something else 9%  9%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 93
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:11 pm 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider

muirmackean wrote:
Hello, just bought my first 'old' bike, an '81 Claud Butler Sovereign from one of my neighbours, who hadn't ridden it for 15 yrs. I'm planning to restore it. My big dilemma is the frame colour, which is a horrible faded metallic bronze. Can't decide whether to respray it or go down the 'originality' route and just live with it. The craftsman in me wants to respray it, as I think I would enjoy the process, and the aesthete agrees, because the colour is truly awful. My purist side, on the other hand, wants to keep it as original as possible. Any advice welcome.

Start a build thread and post a pic on it. I'm sure you'll get the 'guidance' with that.

And welcome!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:10 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

lewisfoto wrote:
once aging welcome Martin

My computer's auto correct can provide some interesting sentiments!

Steven

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:21 pm 

Hello there! Here's my 2nd post (as I already asked a question about a Ciocc on another post), so my name is Gilles from Belgium,
freelance camera operator, daily biker & lover of vintage road bikes. I'm here to learn a lot :)
Here are my roadies:
still waiting for a Ciocc Mockba '80 :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:24 pm 

Hi folks, posted on another thread initially before I found this thread. I live in central Scotland and have just recently got into cycling on a road bike. I acquired my brothers custom built bike from the 80s ( Sean Kelly replica ) which has been in a loft for the best part of 30 years. Anyway I am now using it and loving it. My other post was a query on brake blocks for my bike if any of you can help me out with it ,I would be greatly obliged.
Just a quick introduction and I am looking forward to using the forum on a regular basis.
Scott

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:48 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi Keith here,...

Used to ride an old reynolds tubed Peugeot around 1988-93 ish...

loved it....got away from cycling, then found mtbing...

I've always been keen on speed though, and love riding on the road, so i've just picked up an early 90's Coppi, nowt special, but its in good condition generally and its a good introduction back into it and the outlay was minimal....at this stage :)

Some of the chrome has seen better days, i've heard aluminium foil brings it up nicely, tried it and yes it works quite nicely. Any other tips on that point? And if I wanted it re-chromed where would i go and how much are we looking at for the stays and half forks?

I'll get some photo's up once i'v cleaned it up.

Cheers

Keith

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:29 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Welcome Mad Dog and Scooter and Keith,

Be sure to put up a thread of your Retro Rides, also some very knowledgeable and, mostly, friendly folk around here to assist in those rebuilds.

Steven

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:12 am 
Dirt Disciple

Hello all
I love this site. I am waiting for the arrival of a Sunn "mountain bikes" road bike from the mid to late 90's I will post pics as soon as I get it

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:35 pm 

Hello!

I only started cycling at the age of 29, since I was a severely uncoordinated child and for years lacked the confidence and balance to cycle. Christmas time came and I was offered a bike as a present. When it was built, I stood at the top of our steep, concrete drive and pointed the bike downwards. All of a sudden, I was ready to learn and couldn't wait to start riding.

That was my first bike, a Trax TR.1. More recently, I have been commuting to and from work on a Carrera Fury, and completed a coast-to-coast (St. Bees to Roker) on a Claud Butler Urban 200 hybrid. Today, I was given a rather rusty Raleigh Record. My project is to clean, calibrate and restore this bike so I can commute on it, and take to the road with a very experienced friend.

I will start using this forum to learn about the restorative process and asking questions about my options, referring to the experiences of others and, eventually, looking to join cycling groups in the Manchester/Stockport area.

Thanks,

Josh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:56 pm 

Hello,

I'm portuguese and i just found that i have an old bike made in England, ready to recover.

I found this forum, googling xD

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:58 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Greeting Gunnar put some pix up in a new thread.

Welcome to Retro Bike

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 785 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 79  Next