Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:37 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 785 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 79  Next

How did you find retrobike?
Google Search 60%  60%  [ 56 ]
Link from a friend 15%  15%  [ 14 ]
Social media (facebook, twitter, google+) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Print media 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Another bike site 15%  15%  [ 14 ]
Something else 9%  9%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 93
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:24 am 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

:D this was a good buy/boy for the forum :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:09 pm 
Dirt Disciple

I'm 19, live in the south of england and ride an Isaac pascal and I am currently doing up an old triumph to a fixed. I also have a nice 1970s dawes galaxy which I am looking to shift in the near future

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:51 pm 
Retro Guru

Hello, I am Keith from the south cotswolds.
My experiences from the 1950 /60's could be useful to some.

This is my 1980 Moser team replica, full campagnolo titanium group set, original wheels are Mavic blue SSC. Built by De Rosa. Last road race on this in 1980.

This is the Colnago bought from JD Whisker in 1971, one of the first.
Was wife's time trial bike, on 55 53, with 13,14,15,17,19.

And to show how old I am 1951 Les Vince, with Stronglight 49A, and Harden freewheel hub, (wish I still had it) Not very good, but highly collectible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:08 am 

Hi Guys,

Im Ramon from Holland. A few months ago I got a Raleigh Competition in not-so-good condition and decided to restore it. When using the web to find some more info on the bike I found the forum with lots of nice bikes! :wink: here's mine...

Attachments:
1092.jpg
1092.jpg [ 243.23 KiB | Viewed 3668 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:44 pm 
Retro Guru

I'm Jon from just outside London. I signed up last year after being referred here by folk on other forums while I was looking for advice on older bike parts. I've started using my bikes more in the last few months so I'm posting more here as a result :D

I use the same username everywhere so you might see me around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:56 pm 
Retro Guru

Hey guys!

I'm Pedro from Portugal and I've been into cycling for as long as I can remember. I got my first road bike back in 1979. Was just a kid then but I saved up some money and bought it. I remember riding it back home when I bought it and not being able (if sitting on the saddle) to reach the pedals. Who cares right? The top tube would work for a while. 8) I still have that bike after all this years and did a little rehab earlier this year.

I'll do some reading around the forum now. Thanks for having me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:58 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi

I've just signed up to Retrobike and thought I would say hi. I've been into bikes for as long as I can remember. I've raced road bikes for 15 years to a fairly good standard and I've just started racing mountain bikes.

My older brother has just given me his old 531 track frame so I'm thinking of building a retro/modern single speed, so watch this space for a project thread.

Oh, and I've started my own bike parts, accessories tools business (www.pedalcentre.co.uk) so I can get hold of some decent stuff and perhaps if permitted I can do some forum offers in the future.

Cheers,

Luke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:21 am 

Hey, I'm Kez, I live in the Northumbria and have just purchased a 70s/80s Triumph (Raleigh by another name, right?) racing bike which I intend to modernise and use as another fun bike.
I subscribe to the B+1 rule and seem to have an ever changing fleet!

cheers, Kez

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:59 am 

Cook Bros forks. Ukai and Araya rims. Vintage Phil Wood hubs. TA Cranks. Brooks B72. MAFAC cantis. Magura, Tomaselli and Dia Compe 4 finger levers. Campagnolo Nuovo Record headsets http://www.linksjewelleryin.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:47 pm 
Dirt Disciple

hi, nice forum.

i'm primarily on cycle chat (same username) and there are a few familiar faces here too.

i got into old bikes by virtue of building up an old 531 (possibly raleigh) steel frame with some bits left over from an upgrade to my alu/carbon road bike.

i rather liked the lugs (prunat, as i have discovered) and found that the steel gave a nice ride, even with 120psi in the tyres.

i really got an appreciation for the old stuff when i was given a 1951 claud butler olympic sprint which i thought would make a good fixie project. didn't really know what it was at first, but some rummaging around the internet found me the answer. see http://www.classiclightweights.co.uk/bikes/cb-olympic-rb.html

because that bike is so special, i have today acquired an old carlton (nervex lugs) as a fixed wheel bike for everyday use. i doubt any parts other than the frame are original, but it's nice to have another old marque in the stable…

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 785 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 79  Next