Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:17 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 785 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 79  Next

How did you find retrobike?
Google Search 60%  60%  [ 56 ]
Link from a friend 15%  15%  [ 14 ]
Social media (facebook, twitter, google+) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Print media 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Another bike site 15%  15%  [ 14 ]
Something else 9%  9%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 93
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:16 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi all,

Been a cycling enthusiast for 30+ years, unfortunately due to work / family commitments I haven't had much chance for quite few years now! However, I have decided to get back on my bikes before its too late!!

I am 49 and have lived in Brittany for the last 9 years - and before that Doncaster, Sth Yorks.

I have a '82 Holdsworth Nouvo Record, '81 Raleigh Record Ace, early '90s Orbit tandem, early '80s Soens and recently I have bought a Scapin Atec which needs some updating. I will post some photos asap as I need to identify the Scapins age.

Looking forward to getting back into it all, cheers Dave

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:18 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Welcome, you are among friends :)

I'm 53 so just a couple of years ahead but that's a nice collection of bikes :)

Why come back from Brittany? it was my old stomping ground 25 years ago and somewhere I could have stayed.

Cheers

Shaun

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:20 pm 

Hi I'm Martin from Down Under hence my user name and have the collecting bug for a while

Here's my latest pride and joy

A Scapin Super from around 1976 with Campag Super Record

Hope you enjoy, Just rode a 60km L'Eroica event on it yesterday :D

IMAG0030 by aussierider43

IMAG0033 by aussierider43

IMAG0034 by aussierider43, on Flickr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:35 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Wow Mr. Aussie that is a stunning bike. Welcome to the forum

Steven

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:51 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Figured I'd better do a proper intro:

I'm dave, currently living in amsterdam but with a past that evenly split between California and The Netherlands. Current daily ride is a Gazelle Sprinter Race which has been converted to a faux fixie (with a two-speed SRAM automatic). My weekend ride is a Concorde Classic with a Shimano ex500 group, probably from '92 or so.

The current project is a 1982 Bianchi Superleggera, which came with solid bones but a healthy dose of attention needed. I'm midway through cleaning up the panto'd groupset, and am currently debating whether to touch up all the paint chips, scratches and gouges, to just clean them up and clear coat, or to clean up and wax the frame.

And finally, in a shed somewhere in the SF Bay Area, sits my Gazelle Champion Mondial. I haven't seen that thing in so long I barely recall what it is, but if memory serves its a late 70's AB frame in 531c tubing with a cobbled together 80's campagnolo bits.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:05 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Greetings Dave

Bianchi project sounds like fun, you should start a build thread in the Reader's road bike section

Steven

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:19 am 

Thanks Lewisfoto
Feel free to look at my other bikes on my Flickr page I think you can click on the link to take you there

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:15 am 
Dirt Disciple

Good idea! It even prompted an entertaining "honey, in our 700 sq. ft. apartment, where do you think the best spot for a bicycle photo studio is?" discussion over breakfast. ;)

I'll start a thread with the pics I have so far, but -after having seen the gorgeous images on here, will aim for better staging & snapping down the line.

lewisfoto wrote:
Greetings Dave

Bianchi project sounds like fun, you should start a build thread in the Reader's road bike section

Steven

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:22 pm 

Afternoon chaps,

I'm pretty new to road biking having been a mountain bike only man for years, i have been bitten by the road bug hard. I've started off with a cheap old Motobecane that i thought was quite pretty. I'm now restoring it but finding out the hard way that it isn't quite as straightforward as I'd hoped. Seized and corroded ali bolts, threads that are unlike I have ever come across before, rarity of parts etc, etc. However, it is fun.

Some photos of the Motobecane (before it got taken to bits)

And a Kalkhoff barn find a friend has given me that I know nothing about and seem to not be able to find anything about.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:18 pm 
Dirt Disciple

I live in Northern Ireland, Dutch and grew up on a steady diet of rustbucket roadsters.

Moved to a Charge Hob fixed wheel over here, a Thorn touring bike (XTC...comfy like heck) and now building a Ciocc San Cristobal...which will be my first ever road bike.

The boyfriend carries a bike germ that infects people. I now have to stop myself spending money on a Raleigh TI track frame though that doesn't stop me wanting it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 785 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 79  Next