Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:45 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 783 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 79  Next

How did you find retrobike?
Google Search 61%  61%  [ 56 ]
Link from a friend 15%  15%  [ 14 ]
Social media (facebook, twitter, google+) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Print media 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Another bike site 15%  15%  [ 14 ]
Something else 8%  8%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 92
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:08 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hello
I'm Paul from Kent, i've always enjoyed riding and building bikes. So here seems like a good place to be. Current favourite bike I have is an Argos 753 frame I bought off e-bay and repaired (with very careful silver soldering on the chainstays) and built up with some modern components.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:17 pm 
Retro Guru

hi pauln.......fancy seeing you here. :D gareth sold your cortina :cry: and bought my orion :shock:
get some pics of the bike up!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:26 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hello Glen, I might need your help if the bloke I sold it to ever cuts the tree thats grown through it I may need a paint code for Puch Super Sprint purple.Now i've given up the cars the bikes are my fabricating outlet. I know Gareth sold the Cortina, do you know who to? (I should'nt really show an interest but I can't help it). Can I load pics as a newbie?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:36 pm 

Hi all.

Been viewing your site for a while now but finally got round to registering last weekend. Built my first bike while I was at school (long time ago) I'd been bought a BSA Premier 12 for Xmas and didn't want to use it for the commute to school, Sunday best only! So I built a cronk from several doners and that's where I started. No cycling for most of my adult life but got into MTB about 10 yrs ago and then started tinkering with retro road bikes when I found a Colnago Super in a skip at work believe it or not. No clue as to the marque at the time but the tinternet soon made me realise I'd made a good find. Its's a 73 or 74 according to Ray Dobbins when I sent him some pics. That's a long term project as she's in bad shape although the Record groupset is all serviceable. Also in the garage I have a Raleigh Record Ace in 80's team colours which has some French decals on it and I bought in France so I'm doing some research on that one but intend to build up with Sh Arabesque g/set when I've got all the bits together. I have a BSA Tour De France single speed which was an experiment and I'm trying to replace as many original parts on it with nos where I can. My only retro MTB is a nickel plated Orange P7 which is awesome and at £100 was a snip! Current priority though is a 90's Raleigh ProRace 501 frame which I've just had powder coated and is being built in Team colours with modern Campy kit to use for the BHF London-Brighton in June and London-Paris in Sept, maybe see some of you there? Well that's me, keep up the great site, cheers.
Phil.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:00 pm 

Hi everyone,

I'm Rich from MK, although I'm living up in Newcastle for Uni at the moment. Been getting into cycling more and more over the last couple of years since buying a new Giant Defy in 2010, but since buying a Raleigh Team Banana a couple of months ago I've been drawn into the retro side!
My mechanical knowledge is incredibly basic, I'm learning a lot with this bike but do expect some stupid questions.
Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:23 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Oops, Helo everyone, I found this thread after I posted in the Road group.
Names Andrew, living up in the cold damp NE, Mid 40’s male, biking since the mid 80’s on and off depending on job/family at the time, living in the cold and damp NE UK. A garage full of modern road bikes, mainly belonging to my other half at the minute! A couple of MTB’s squashed in there – one of 1995 vintage, nothing exciting – hope to change this sooner rather than later!
Getting back into cycling after a long hiatus, bought myself a nice Dave Yates frame to restore, I still have a modern souless road bike to play on whilst the restorations gets going.

Looking forward to contibuting to the groups if I can.
Later.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:49 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Greetings new members Andy, Rich and Fan

Sorry I did not welcome you gents earlier but you will find a fair amount of good information on RB. And some nice folk (mostly)

Steven

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:47 am 

Hi, new here. Can be often found on the CTC forum, have several not-so-retro bikes but enjoy working with them. Helping my friend rebuild and old Raleigh road bike. Looking to build up a retro(ish) cyclocross bike as a new project for myself.

I'm currently based up in sunny Aberdeen finishing off a postgrad course.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:14 am 

Hi,
I'm Peter, I'm 28 from Romania.

I've joined the forum so I could find info on my steel bike, and help with mechanical issues typical with old rusty bikes.
:).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:50 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

hi ya Peter and Vaya

We are all about rusty bikes here, although hopefully not too much rust

Welcome to both of you - and one piece of unsolicited advice: read the forum rules cause that is one area that gets the Mods testy.

Other wise have fun
Steven

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 783 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 79  Next