Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:06 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 783 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 79  Next

How did you find retrobike?
Google Search 61%  61%  [ 56 ]
Link from a friend 15%  15%  [ 14 ]
Social media (facebook, twitter, google+) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Print media 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Another bike site 15%  15%  [ 14 ]
Something else 8%  8%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 92
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:37 pm 

Hi everybody.
I'm a spanish retroman and i've read this forum for a while, but this is my first time writing in it.

As a good spaniard, my english level is not very good, but i'll try to do my best to explain me. I hope you'll be patient with me.

And now, let's read retrobike as a member :D

Regards

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:10 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Teembo,

If you visit southern California bring a vintage bike. We have a vintage bike ride the first Sunday of every month at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena.

Kapo, Welcome and your english is much better than my spanish!

Steven

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:03 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi all,
Think it is time I introduced myself I am Mike and like others here am seriously caught up in all things cycling from the past ,I know the old expression "things are not built like they used to be " and I love the craftmanship and style of all different periods of bike building and parts.Ok my heart is particuarly in Raleigh.As a young boy middle to late 80's I was always going to the bike shop staring through the window and walking home with the latest Catalogue which was the "Raleigh Lightweights" Alas the range started at about £330 back then and my budget only went as far as a £139.99 Ammaco monte Carlos but hey it was still 12 speed ! I think the seed was sewn then that I was destining to lust after images from my youth and to date I have owned Raleigh Triathlon 531,Raleigh Road Ace 531c, Raleigh Record Ace Moderne 653(still got) Raleigh Dyna Tech Pro Reynolds 2080 and currently the Raleigh Dyna Tech Castorama (Titanium). (and a Giant Cadex Carbon ,ok 2 ) Apart from this love of retro bikes I have competed in mainly Time Trial from the Age of 30 and have PB's of 19-36 for 10 miles and 51-52 for 25 miles ,sorry I could not think of a username and TimeTrialAce was the only thing I could come up with (Trust me I realise there are people out there more fitting of the title !) Proffesionally I work in the Fire Service being a operational fire fighter for 10 yrs now I work in education working with vunerable young people . Anyway that's me ,love the site and look forward to getting some builds done ...

Attachments:
phpsrVLrzAM.jpg
phpsrVLrzAM.jpg [ 159.83 KiB | Viewed 156 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:37 am 

Hello All,

New to the forum and new to retro bikes. just building a fixed gear out of my old Raleigh that was gifted to me. Also interested in anything old school. Frame builds are so much more interesting when old and dated!!!

Cheers all

Andy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:38 pm 

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking around for quite sometimes now.

English is not my first language so please feel free to correct any mistake !!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:57 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Greetings Ocean powersander, Dixie1977 and time TrialAce,

Impressive palmares Mr TimeTrial. I think you will all enjoy the site and the knowledgeable users. (not Me)

Anyway post you vintage bikes soon

Steven

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:05 am 
Dirt Disciple

Hi I'm Luke - living in leeds now and edinburgh before.
I like cycling and have been commuting on my mtn bike for year... the tyres have slowly got thinner and thiner as I've kept it on the black stuff more and more. Recently picked up a cheap steel road bike frame that im looking to do up and make into a slightly quicker ride.
Come here to ask stupid "how do I do this?" questions and to possibly find some parts! :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:45 pm 

Ive been on and off here for a while, i finally got round to picking up a bike my granda left me

Fox

Im from Lisburn and am always on the look out for a Blue/Gold Blacklion.

I also have a 52 or 54 Claud Butler in need of a re-build.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:25 am 
Dirt Disciple

Hi All,

Im Seb from Peterbrough in Cambridgeshire. Im well into the older steel road bikes and have a Raleigh Aquilus i am currently doing up as a project. I try to ride every weekend but dont always get the time.

Love the fact there are so many lovers of the retro/vintage road bikes. Go retro or go home :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:08 pm 

Hello all,

I am down on the Weald in Kent...

I have a now classic 1987 BETTAGLIN Steven Roche tour bike which has been a treat to ride (bought 12 years ago)... Extreme balance and performance. It is still in top condition. It has been a great pleasure to have it as it is a very beautiful bike as well as all the performance pluses...

If anyone is interested in collecting it to either add to their stable or as a competitive bike or back-up etc, would welcome a contact.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 783 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 79  Next