Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:58 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 783 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 79  Next

How did you find retrobike?
Google Search 61%  61%  [ 56 ]
Link from a friend 15%  15%  [ 14 ]
Social media (facebook, twitter, google+) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Print media 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Another bike site 15%  15%  [ 14 ]
Something else 8%  8%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 92
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:37 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Peat stack on Lewis , taken this August, the old racer with son Robbie on board did the Outer Hebrides , 440 miles and no punctures, earned him a fully sprung old Brooks to replace the cheapo saddle that was on for the trip.

Post subject: Halo from Bristol, UK
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:08 am 
Dirt Disciple

Introducing myself - Not a very interesting person that loves going to places and cycling is guilt free, ain't no poison gas for my future (going to have,maybe) grandchildren'ssss.

Found this site on Goooooglllleeerrr, and been crazy about lugged steel frames cycle especially Italian ones. Got an Italian bike myself but it ain't old so very very happy to see people here having good and interesting one.

I'am actually looking for a vintage Colnago or similar as well if anyone is selling.

Coz I'am a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride.
quoted by " Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead or Alive "

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:19 am 

I registered for this site a few years ago, but I haven't posted yet!

I thoroughly enjoy viewing classic and vintage bicycles and own a few myself.

We live in St. Paul, MN and like many bike fans, raced in the late 1970s and early 1980s.

No racing at this point, but I tend to do mostly distance riding with two groups here in our area!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:24 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi all.

Love bikes and love cycling! I've played all sports at good levels football, cricket, rugby but the one sport I have always got the most satisfaction from is cycling. The pure physical demands of the sport and going for a good training ride and crossing county boarders and when arriving back home you feel you've been somewhere and achieved something. Also, that man machine relationship and being on that open road makes it all more meaningful.

I was an aspiring young cyclist up to the age of twenty, I was very strong for my age and I was making a name for myself in my local area but sadly in 1995 when I was still twenty I was struck down by an illness known as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (M.E) and it has been a massive challenge in my life to beat the illness over the years. I've always kept my enthusiasm for cycling and sport in general and promised myself if ever I could I would ride my bike again.

The racing days are long gone but I can now go out and enjoy my bike again although a shadow of my former self. I live in Spain now and it's great to enjoy the milder climate, I don't miss those cold dark nights training in England although I do miss England from time to time.

I have a Paganini, Colnago Master and a Colnago C50. The Colnago C50 is a very recent purchase and I'm busy saving for the components at the moment. I'm hoping to have her built up for the summer which starts in March here where I am! :D can't wait :D

Look forward to perhaps chatting to some of you. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:24 am 
r.B.o.T.M. & P.o.T.M. Winner
r.B.o.T.M. & P.o.T.M. Winner

SuperSonic wrote:
Hi all.

Love bikes and love cycling! I've played all sports at good levels football, cricket, rugby but the one sport I have always got the most satisfaction from is cycling. The pure physical demands of the sport and going for a good training ride and crossing county boarders and when arriving back home you feel you've been somewhere and achieved something. Also, that man machine relationship and being on that open road makes it all more meaningful.

I was an aspiring young cyclist up to the age of twenty, I was very strong for my age and I was making a name for myself in my local area but sadly in 1995 when I was still twenty I was struck down by an illness known as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (M.E) and it has been a massive challenge in my life to beat the illness over the years. I've always kept my enthusiasm for cycling and sport in general and promised myself if ever I could I would ride my bike again.

The racing days are long gone but I can now go out and enjoy my bike again although a shadow of my former self. I live in Spain now and it's great to enjoy the milder climate, I don't miss those cold dark nights training in England although I do miss England from time to time.

I have a Paganini, Colnago Master and a Colnago C50. The Colnago C50 is a very recent purchase and I'm busy saving for the components at the moment. I'm hoping to have her built up for the summer which starts in March here where I am! :D can't wait :D

Good to have you along! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:42 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Spokesmann wrote:
SuperSonic wrote:
Hi all.

Good to have you along! :)

Thank you very much. Nice to be on board! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:18 pm 
Old School Hero

Hello everyone :)

New on the board here, fell in love with retro bikes more or less a year ago, while cleaning up and old bike of my grandfather.

Currently i'm restoring an old Flandria bike and an unknown brand reynolds 531 frame with full shimano 600 arabesque groupset.

I've already learnt a lot from this forum while lurking, but now it's about time to join the troops :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:48 pm 
Retro Guru

Hi all, new to the forum and have posted a picture of my latest project in Reader's road bikes. I live in Lincolnshire and a member of a recently formed club Louth Velo. I'm now 50 and having a bit of a mid life moment getting back into cycling. I have attached a picture from the 70's of me and my dad.
I'm on a Falcon which I purchased direct from the factory (unpainted) and built up from parts as I saved up for them from paper round etc. The bike my dad is on (I have the original receipt somewhere) was a very fancy lugged hand made frame bought in the 50's and mother gave it to scrap men along with some old wheels and other bits this year :( javascript:emoticon(':(')

Ian

Attachments:
523805_374739219239260_270922812_n.jpg
523805_374739219239260_270922812_n.jpg [ 37.94 KiB | Viewed 453 times ]

Post subject: Introduction
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:00 am 
Retro Guru

I'm quite new here, found the site via some search on Google. I actually live in Hungary, we don't have euro as currency, but we usually regarded as europeans..

So, I really like classic road stuff, but to tell the truth I'm also fascinated by modern day road bikes as well due to the high-end tech.

Furthermore, I'm all for classic city-touring bikes, like Puch Jungmeister, KTM Torina, Formula, Libera-Libero, Puch Bergmeister etcetc.. Most of the classical bikes in this country is either Puch or KTM, and we have lot of Favorits, ESKA-s from the old communist days.

And Csepel bikes of course, along with some USSR models like XB3 (HVZ).. I have 2 dreams in terms of classic road bike.. either owning Bianchi or Colnago classic equipped with Campa and with tubular tyres. The older the better :)

Current bike runs with 6400 tricolour f-r derailleurs, crank-set, shima105 hubs (1051 series), 1050 series brake set from shimano, some basso coral frame-set, and my favourite part is the seat, selle italia turbomatic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:11 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi guys,

Just getting back into biking - lots to learn and a whole wealth of info on the forum. Seems like a nice place to chat about biking stuff :)

Brendan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 783 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 79  Next