Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:15 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 784 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 79  Next

How did you find retrobike?
Google Search 61%  61%  [ 56 ]
Link from a friend 15%  15%  [ 14 ]
Social media (facebook, twitter, google+) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Print media 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Another bike site 15%  15%  [ 14 ]
Something else 8%  8%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 92
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:19 am 

Hi all,

I have a couple of old bikes, well they weren't new when I got them and that was over 30 years ago. My wife has been looking for a new bike and whilst we were on line looking at modern hybrids I googled my old ones and found some links including one to this site. I have a few queries that I wonder if members could help with and I am going to post a new thread for that.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 5:42 pm 

Hi, my dad was a keen cyclist in from the mid 70s to mid 90s. He always kept an interest in bikes and has bought an old dawes galaxy and an old raleigh road bike.

We decided we would try and start cycling together so I got a road bike off ebay recently, its apparently a viner but ive come on here to see if anyone can help me identify my bike, cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:47 pm 

Howdy doody...some of my bikes...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:51 pm 

And another...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:27 am 
Dirt Disciple

Hi there, just joined the forum and thought I'd introduce myself. As you can tell from my name (Mccheung) I'm Scottish Chinese.

Just got back into road biking to work as my car is on the blink and train fairs are stupid high :) and the ride to work scheme fooled me into looking at bike after I though the government was going to give me £1k for a new bike (was a bit silly to think the Government was going to throw free money at me)… So my Scottish side though let’s dig out and restore my retro 1988 British Eagle 8 piece pro-carbon road bike. So after searching for my bike on Google I ended up here :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:01 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi all,

Just joined up to the forum after buying an old Raleigh Milk Race as my first ever project. Currently use a Kona Paddywagon to ride to the train station but wanted to build a road bike for the weekends.

Post subject: First project newbie.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:15 pm 

Hi everyone, have just stumbled into the world of retro cycling, inspired by my parents moving house and stopping my Dad throwing out two old bikes/frames.

One is complete, I would love to investigate further, its supposedly a Condor frame, and was rescued from a skip at my Dads work, when they knocked the bike shed down, it had no wheels and was in poor condition, He rebuilt it with the then period parts ( late 70's early eighties), and will be rideable when the tyres have been replaced.

The other is an old old Falcon, this is really just a frame , seems light to me, 531 sticker on it, ernie clements foil transfer on the seat post and metal head badge, from what I can find out, I suspect it is an Olympic model as it was only ever a 5 speed , my dad bought it second hand, he thinks in the 60's,and was his everyday ride for 10-12 years maybe, until the mid to late seventies, all a bit vague but I was only a kid at the time, and all I wanted was a Raleigh Grifter !!!!

I intend to hopefully identify the Condor, and get it into use, I'll list the full specs when time allows, and with the Falcon, to be honest there is so little to start with It may become a bit of a hybrid, with hopefully a mix of old and new parts.

Watch this space !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:06 pm 

Hi all. Brand new around here. I've just picked up an old Koga Miyata cheap, ready to be cleaned up and thought this might be a useful site along the way. I'll do another thread in a moment with a few details.

Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:40 am 

Hi All

Love the site, some sweet bikes on here.

Wont be coming on many of the group rides as I live in New Zealand :( but no matter I will be there in spirit...

Chumly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:56 am 
Dirt Disciple

Hello all.

I'm new to the forums. Made the switch from motorbike to bicycle about a year ago, really enjoying it!

Picked up an old MBK as a beginner bike, but I'm really aiming to pick up a frame and build my own. I'm a complete novice when it comes to this so I imagine I'll be asking many stupid questions along the way!

Here's my MBK:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 784 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 79  Next