Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:58 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 784 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 79  Next

How did you find retrobike?
Google Search 61%  61%  [ 56 ]
Link from a friend 15%  15%  [ 14 ]
Social media (facebook, twitter, google+) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Print media 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Another bike site 15%  15%  [ 14 ]
Something else 8%  8%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 92
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:50 am 
Dirt Disciple

Hi, Forsh here,

My road bike history consists of a Raleigh Elan in the early '90s followed by a 1999 Ribble 853 that has just had a respray and revamp

I've dabbled over on the MTB side of RetroBIKE with my two '90s Marins and the wifes early Rockhopper

What brings me here is the acquisition of an '80s Raleigh Quasar...

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 02#1491202

:)

Post subject: Introductions!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:47 am 
Dirt Disciple

Hi I just joined because this looks to be a good forum with a lot of information. I just recently cleaned up/ restored a 1970's Viscount Aerospace pro and was searching for information and found this forum. I will try to post pictures of it soon if I can. I think it turned out great!.
I am also in the process of doing some restoration on a Raleigh super course for my girl friend and totally have the vintage bike bug right now!

Attachments:
Viscount front.JPG
Viscount front.JPG [ 244.49 KiB | Viewed 1090 times ]
Vicount full bike.JPG
Vicount full bike.JPG [ 255.66 KiB | Viewed 1090 times ]

Post subject: Ahoy!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:26 pm 
Retro Guru

I'm Jim and have a small flat rapidly filling with 80s/90s road bikes.

As far as I'm concerned cycling technology peaked with steel frames and downtube shifters, everything after is a bit soft.

My enthusiasm far exceeds my ability, so you'll usually find me in the "how do I sort this out section".

Post subject: Welcome!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:35 am 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

Welcome!
Hello and welcome guys, the road section is certainly growing.

Jamie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:30 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hello, my name is William Chitham. I came up north to Manchester from Kent looking for work about 25 years ago and I'm still here. I scratch a living photoshopping and printing posters & limited editions for local artists and photographers. I bought my first serious bicycle, a British Eagle Le Tour, from the Bicycle Doctor coop in about 1990 and commuted on it for a couple of years in acute discomfort until I moved closer to my studio and left it in the garage to gather dust. Then about 5 years ago I put a nice bouncy Brooks Flyer on it and suddenly I love cycling. Mostly I just commute and do the odd cycle route amble but I'm currently winding up for a proper ride from Ripon to Appleby in Westmorland and then on to Moffat. I have a weakness for dilapidated British steel so the current stable consists of the Eagle, a mid 70s Dawes galaxy (in bits), an early 70s Carlton Continental (my daily ride), an ancient (maybe pre war) 28"wheeled Hercules and as of yesterday a custard yellow and rust Claud Butler Sierra 15 which I have high hopes for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:18 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hola everyone.

I have just started recommissioning my old school bike and have stumbled across this forum which I hope may assist me as my bike skills are not 100%. I normally just work on old cars so hopefully a bike should be simple but I am sure I will still manage to pull off some acts of mind numbing stupidity.

Its a Raleigh Flyer that is in a poor state that I have been meaning to do something with for years.

I am putting a post in the Retro Classic Road threads as am looking to be pointed in the right direction for a couple of things.

Scotty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:06 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi all,

I've been lurking on here for a while so I thought it was about time I posted!

I still have my bikes and a shed load of parts from the early 90's which haven't been used much for several years after smashing up my right leg and ending up with 3 plates and 21 screws (all Titanium!!)

I am now getting the bikes out as I have shifted a few stone and now need to keep fit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:06 pm 
Dirt Disciple

I have a few bikes, one of which is below. A special products division Raleigh 531c with mainly Campag Chorus.

I also found I still had a pair of Rock Shox Paris Roubaix's in the loft!

I have a John Pavey S/S in bits and a couple of MTB's that I will post in the relevant section

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:00 pm 

Hi,
I'm Derek and I live in Somerset although from London originally.
I've been cycling for over 45 years and had all sorts of bike over the years!
Now decided I'd like to have a go at doing a renovation but haven't decided what although leaning towards an Italian road bike in need of TLC!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 6:46 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

Hello all,

Up in my attic here in Holland I've collected quite a number of old road and touring bikes. No real focus at all, I like Japanese, French, British and, of course, Dutch. I think I've even got a German bike. :?
I've been a member here for a while but it was the Retrobike shirt that I spotted at the RIH Tribute Ride last Sunday that made me decide to become a little more active.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 784 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 79  Next