Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:44 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 783 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 79  Next

How did you find retrobike?
Google Search 61%  61%  [ 56 ]
Link from a friend 15%  15%  [ 14 ]
Social media (facebook, twitter, google+) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Print media 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Another bike site 15%  15%  [ 14 ]
Something else 8%  8%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 92
 Post subject: Re: Welcome
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:40 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Jamiedyer wrote:
Hi Dubnut, welcome
I'm to the north of you, a few miles from John O'Groats. We have one or two members in Inverness so check out the macretro section in the area groups somewhere midpage on the forum.
Join us on a ride sometime or if you fancy a road ride down your way let us know.
Cheers Jamie

Thanks Jamie, I am from the sneck originally but have been away for 20yrs, back now to find the place is full of cyclists, working with an ex Scottish track team member and a lad who won the highland cross!!

Please if you are ever in Inverness area pm and we can go for a ride!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:54 am 

Hello, I'm Ben. My current infatuation is with a Woodrup Star Trophy but i collect and restore and enjoy all kinds of old classics for my own amusement. I know something of steel road bikes but i'm here to learn more

Post subject: Oldie Newbie
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:25 pm 

Hi. I'm Grumpy - but seldom grumpy, if you see what I mean.

I returned to cycling shortly after retirement, having watched a little old lady zipping up the hill out of our village on a bike and feeling justifiably ashamed of not doing the same myself.

Having 'rescued' my son's abandoned Carbolite Peugeot Elan - with frame at least 3cm bigger than was comfortable - I have gone on to accumulate a stable of modern and not-so-modern bikes and seem destined to accumulate more. I did a satisfactory resurrection of my wife's unloved BSA roadster and am close to completing a proper restoration of a 1984 Galaxy. Alas, I have taste of rust remover in my mouth and will not be satisfied until I have done more.

I live in deep Dorset at Olgit Towers, along with Mrs Olgit who doesn't 'do' bikes anymore. My other interests include hours spent trawling the internet auction sites and classified adds for more - er - bikes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:59 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi, I'm Steve.

Just getting into biking seriously thanks to a bunch of great guys at work and trying to lose some weight! Always had a mountain bike and never figured myself as a road rider but chance brought me an old Peugeot 10 speed and I can't get out enough on it.

roll on summer...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:48 pm 
Old School Hero

Hi everyone,

Another Steve here.

Just a few words by way of introduction. I'm a retro Bicycle, Skateboard and VW enthusiast from Shoebury (near Southend-on-Sea) Essex.

Currently built up I have a one owner Raleigh Sirroco from around 1984, which was sold through the Southend Hetchins Shop and a virtually original spec Bianchi Sprint from 1976.

I'm in the process of building up a daily rider based around a 1978 Pat Rohan 531 frameset (which, for some reason has "Ralph" engraved into the top of each seat stay, hence my Username) which will be equipped with mainly Shimano 600 EX Arabesque components.

I've also got a MKM frameset that is going to receive a bare metal restoration and all period Campagnolo Record and Super Record components.

Pics to follow in due course.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:59 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Greetings!

I'm on the other side of the pond, but most of my bikes are from England. The most photogenic is probably this 1950 Norman:

There's also this 1951 Raleigh Lenton Sports:

and this 1948 Raleigh Record Ace, which I ride quite a bit:

There are others...

Rudi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:32 pm 
r.B.o.T.M. & P.o.T.M. Winner
r.B.o.T.M. & P.o.T.M. Winner

rhm wrote:
Greetings!

I'm on the other side of the pond, but most of my bikes are from England. The most photogenic is probably this 1950 Norman:

There's also this 1951 Raleigh Lenton Sports:

and this 1948 Raleigh Record Ace, which I ride quite a bit:

There are others...

Rudi

Nice line up!

welcome along.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:12 pm 

Greetings all,

I'm new to the cycling world and just wanted to say hi and let you know what lovely bikes you all seem to have :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:26 pm 

Hi everyone

I've been scanning the web for anyone else on the planet who has a Raleigh '653Race' frameset, which is how i found this site.
I purchased the frame from Broadribbs Oxford in 1992. Although new from shop, I believe the frame was made mid 1988. I built it up with mainly 1992 chorus components. i will submit so photos soon.

So.. who else has got one of these???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:13 pm 
Retro Guru

Long time lurker, surfacing at last. Live in London, but am originally from the south coast. I've been riding bikes for longer than not, originally I was into mountain biking but I eventually made the move to road, which is all I ride now; like Cav' but nowhere near as fast :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 783 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 79  Next