Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:54 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 783 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 79  Next

How did you find retrobike?
Google Search 61%  61%  [ 56 ]
Link from a friend 15%  15%  [ 14 ]
Social media (facebook, twitter, google+) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Print media 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Another bike site 15%  15%  [ 14 ]
Something else 8%  8%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 92
 Post subject: Seasons Greetings :)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:50 pm 

Hi all, I'm Andy from Manchester.

Been cycling for only about 2 years, although I've had to take a 6 month break recently through a bad case of Sciatica.
Back in the saddle now though.

Biggest achievement on the bike was rasing £4k for Christies Cancer Charity cycling just over 150 miles Coast to Coast only 11 months after starting cycling.

Cheers

Post subject: new boy
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:39 pm 

hello im paul and im from kent im 44 and own 4 retro bikes , a raleigh ti 653 , koga miyata full pro ,a pinarello and a salsa campeon, which is modern but no longer made. so its sort of retro ive been riding scince i was 13, and have been nuts about it ever scince . I go to most of the cycle jumbles and like to build my on bikes and then sell them for the enjoyment of just building them although ive got one modern bike in scandium the campeon i think it really does ride like an old steel bike .Im a big heavy rider at 6ft 4 " and 100kgs so i cant ride factory wheels of any kind or alloy or carbon frames, they are just not man enough all my wheels are handbuilt im up for any retro events rides etc or just general chat .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:56 am 
r.B.o.T.M. & P.o.T.M. Winner
r.B.o.T.M. & P.o.T.M. Winner

Hi Paul,

glad to have you along.

:D

Post subject: New guy, new bike!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:37 pm 
Retro Guru

Hi all. I'm 41 and bought myself a mint 1996 colnago decor tecnos frame recently. I last owned a road bike in about 1994!! a Raleigh 531 team panasonic and pinarello were past rides, before then I did alot of road rides with local clubs etc. I've been into mountainbikes since 1988 though and currently have a 2011 specialized stumpjumper evo expert. Looking forward to getting the bike built up and riding it, I remember the buzz from the silly speeds on those skinny tyres :lol:
Shawn.

Post subject: New member
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:30 am 
Dirt Disciple

Hi my name is Ben, I have a fleet of bikes and my retro ones include a hot pink Klein Quantum with Dura Ace 8spd and a LeMond team Gan with Dura Ace 9spd and a few old track bikes like a Bosomworth that have not been converted into fixies.
I have been looking at this forum for many years and it has always appeared friendly and I have always been meaning to join. A month off in NZ has given me the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:44 pm 

Hello everyone
Recently retired and found this site. I've still got my first (and only) serious racer/road bike. I've had it since 1966. It's a Ted Gerrard frame, 531 throughout, Nervex lugs, Campag ends. In dark blue flamboyant, lined gold with silver panel on seat post. Campag Record chainset and gears. Record/Mavic sprints and Milremo road wheels. MAFAC/ Brooks Pro/GB Maes.
Not ridden it for a while having moved onto more modern easier to ride TREK bike.
Starting to wonder what to do with Gerrard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:06 pm 
Dirt Disciple

hi i thought i get back into cycling again it's been a while since i use to time trial so i'm going to easy my self back into it, so here's some picture
i have no idea what decade the frame is from just know it's double butted 7005 alloy frame. the group set is made up of different age and groups of campagnolo .
cheers dave

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:37 pm 

Hi I'm Chris, live in the Scottish Borders and just getting into cycling properly for the first time. I've always had a bike but never been that enthusiastic since I outgrew my BMX. Got myself an early 80's Peugeot PX10-DU and have been spending some time over the winter getting it ready for some milder weather. I'm changing it over to singlespeed/fixed to see how I like it but this is all completely reversible so we'll see how I go.

I enjoy a bit of photography so I'll be posting a few more photos once I get the bike sorted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:38 pm 

Done my first post so I can add this now:

Untitled by Activating Camera, on Flickr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:37 pm 

Hi everyone,

my name is Jaqb, me and my brother, Jerry we restored and owned old road, mtb, bmx bikes, love retro&clean bikes :)

pics: an old eska road bike from europe, simple&clean, fully restored last year.

welcome :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 783 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 79  Next