Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:10 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 784 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 79  Next

How did you find retrobike?
Google Search 61%  61%  [ 56 ]
Link from a friend 15%  15%  [ 14 ]
Social media (facebook, twitter, google+) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Print media 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Another bike site 15%  15%  [ 14 ]
Something else 8%  8%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 92
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:25 pm 

Hi, decided to join after being given my dads old road bike and finding this fine forum on the interwebs 8) Been getting back into cycling mainly as a means for commuting and keeping fit. Really seem to of caught the bug. Was meant to be cheaper than running my car but seems the money I save in fuel goes on accessories and clothing :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:01 pm 
Retro Guru

Hi ive been on the Mtb side of the forum for a few months but have recently purchased a Carerra Virtuoso from EBay and am currently enjoying the road bike side of things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:36 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hey, im Seth new to forum , into mtb on and off road . Currently live in Darwen.

Raligh Firefly << dont comment.

Post subject: Introduce Yourself
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:30 pm 

Hi I'm Pete, mid 50s. Since 2007 I started commuting 25 miles a day, audax riding (200k, 300k, 400k,600k SR Series each year), long audax rides, eg Paris Brest 1200k, Mille Miglia 1600k, some club runs with my local club, sportifs and so on.
Recently I rode L'Eroica retro bike ride in Tuscany, and will post a link to my blog and photos when I've made enough posts to allow this.
I rode my 1986 Revelle Rapide, which I had re-sprayed by Mercian.
I also will be arranging a Surrey Hills ride on Oct 30th from Effingham Junction-more details to follow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:59 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi all,
I'm Huw, a mad 30 something inveterate tinkerer of bikes, and a happy builder of bikes for friends and family.
Was recommended to sign onto here from the Time Trialling forum as I restored an old Raleigh Special Products 853 frame two years ago, and I'm currently working on a Gerald O'Donovan Dyna-Tech lo-pro frame. Apparently it's right up the street of you good people :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:21 pm 
rider | rBoTM Winner
rider | rBoTM Winner

Allshownogo wrote:
Hi all,
I'm Huw, a mad 30 something inveterate tinkerer of bikes, and a happy builder of bikes for friends and family.
Was recommended to sign onto here from the Time Trialling forum as I restored an old Raleigh Special Products 853 frame two years ago, and I'm currently working on a Gerald O'Donovan Dyna-Tech lo-pro frame. Apparently it's right up the street of you good people :D

Right, now you've taken the plunge and joined up - let's see them!!

Don't forget to include the full 'provenance' of the lo-pro's! :wink:

BTW, I'm sure you'll like it here, it can be quite calm in comparison to 'the other place' :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:36 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi, i am 254, strange name i know but it sticks ...lol, anyway, i am interested in anything 2 wheels and am a qualified motorbike mechanic. I have been handed down a condor italia frame that i remember my father riding when with the Southend wheelers, i know he used the bike in many a time trial and road race. so has great sentimental value to me, i know he bought it as a frame only in the mid to late 70's off another chap in the club. so i have no idea what it would have originally been like as a complete bike from condor, or whether it was sold as a frame only sale. Either way it is my intention to rebuild it to as close a period race bike should be but also to keep it reasonably practicle for fine weather riding in the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:32 pm 

Hi guys.... new here located in London... ride a Sannino Pursuit

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:04 am 

Hi All!

My name is Mark, I have a current Eddy Merckx road bike but recently got my hands on an old Peugeot bike. Came across the forum while trying to find somewhere that somebody will know about it!

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:50 pm 
Dirt Disciple

wrong page :oops:

Last edited by Malky 1422 on Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 784 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 79  Next