Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:53 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 783 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 79  Next

How did you find retrobike?
Google Search 61%  61%  [ 56 ]
Link from a friend 15%  15%  [ 14 ]
Social media (facebook, twitter, google+) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Print media 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Another bike site 15%  15%  [ 14 ]
Something else 8%  8%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 92
 Post subject: Noob
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:32 pm 

Noobie on the bike scene but ready to learn. Just bought a couple of bikes to restore back to their former glory!

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:08 pm 

Hi all,

The names Dan (hence the name) I'm sixteen and own 3 retro road bikes, a Raleigh Equip (that i belive is a 1989 model) that I've almost finished restoring, (I'll post some pictures soon) a Falcon Sirocco that's currently just a rough frame, thats the next project, and the last bikes a G.H Stevens (never heard of it before or since) that I've converted to single speed.

I look foward to posting some more, and getting some new idea's

Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:27 pm 

Hi, Nick from London. I've got an old Dave Quinn 531 in lovely blue (unfortunately got a dent in the top tube) and a Cannondale R500 frame in bare polished aluminium. I've wanted to build them up for ages.....think it's time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:20 pm 
Dirt Disciple

hi there, just joined today from a link from bikeradar.

in addition to my mountain bikes I'm the owner of an Orbit America Sport which looks to fairly original (could well be wrong tho).

when i get my posts up i'll post a pic for you to peruse and maybe one in the valuation post too

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:41 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hello bike fans.

I'm the ony person in the family that is athletic and all my friends are beer gussling fatties and i'm sad to say that i have absolutley no one in my life that appreciates my Colnago Master Olympic. :( So, i thought i would reach out in to that mystical world that is cyber world and become a member of this here forum and form loving meaningful relationships with you all! :D

If you are a Colnago Master Olympic fan or a Colnago fan in general then please get in touch, would like to hear from you and if you would like to pass comment on my Colnago then please do, nothing bad must be said though! but i don't mind constructive advice! LOL :D :shock: :) :? 8) :P :roll: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:20 pm 
Dirt Disciple

hi, i own cannondale 3.0, use it as my main bike and try to keep it original. i found this forum when i was searching for some spare parts and must say it is awesome! i cycle in london so hope to see some of you somewhere on the road

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:33 pm 

Hi Newbie here, just posted on the MTB thread but this looks more formal? Anyhoo Im from Herefordshire and seem to like old bikes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:33 pm 
Dirt Disciple

New member, joined today but have been a lurker for a while.

I currently have;

2001 Cannondale CAAD4 in viper red with full dura-ace 9 spd, kysrium SSL wheels.

1998 Bianchi Team TimeTrial (Mercatone Uno) with Cinelli Angels, 9sp dura-ace inc' 55 tooth dinner plate with specialized trispokes and Corima disc.

2001 Giant ATX Team, Rock Shox SIDs, XT groupset, X-Link wheels and easton carbon finishing kit.

2005 Fondriest Mega-Plus, Ultegra 9spd and Kysirium equipe wheels. Frame to soon be replaced with a Ribble steel.

But hardly ever ride at the moment due to seemingly spending every waking hour at work. Seriously need to readjust work-life balance as its slowly destroying me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:38 pm 
Dirt Disciple

/\ /\ /\ Ride to work :)

New member here too. Just bought a Raleigh racer as my first proper road iron :D Just got to pin down the seller so I can go collect it then I will be even happier.

Been into bikes for a long time and have 2 x 90's mtb's a Griffter and an old ladies BSA kicking about the place too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:02 am 

afternoon one an all

just joined as i feel i'm worthy of joining as i just bought my self a Royal Enfield Bullet, im hoping to create some sort of road bike with it.

i commute ever day an when i get the chance i ride too

current bikes are

2011 Tricross
2008 Kona Stinky
2004 Trek 3200

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 783 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 79  Next