Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:31 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 784 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 79  Next

How did you find retrobike?
Google Search 61%  61%  [ 56 ]
Link from a friend 15%  15%  [ 14 ]
Social media (facebook, twitter, google+) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Print media 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Another bike site 15%  15%  [ 14 ]
Something else 8%  8%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 92
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:39 pm 
Retro Guru

hi nedlands
i have an 83 gitane team pro
like to see your pics

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 1:20 am 

Hihi, I'm a lowly college student in Chicago, Il who works in bike shops over the summer and rides mostly newer road bikes but have my heart set on finding something a little more interesting.

I found my way here in hopes to maybe find someone somewhere who may know something about finding a Miyata Carbon Tech 1000 from 1988. This bike has eluded me for the better part of 3 years now and I'm determined to find one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:47 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi, new to the forum, pointed in this direction from a mtb forum after picking up an old road bike. From looking though the threads on here I can see my bargain bike turning into multiple retro blinged up bikes, damn you guys have some nice bikes on here!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:27 pm 

I'm Mark

Just joined, as well as mtb's I do like my TT and road bikes

Next project is a KOM Mercian from 1990

Last edited by Flapjack-70 on Wed May 18, 2011 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:29 pm 

Oh I'm also getting into Trikes.

Have a two wheeled drive diff version Holdsworth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:05 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

Hello.
I'm Gareth from Leeds, I've joined to try and brush up my knowledge on classic racers and hopefully pick up the parts for my next dream classic.

My current ride is a pug elan, she rides like a dream and is extremely fast but weights a metric tonne and has loads of French charm (read as non-standard components). She'll never win any best looking competitions but who cares, will post a picture once I've the requisite 5 posts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:52 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Afternoon all,

I'm Chris, based in London/Surrey. Currently working on a few English 3 speed bikes so thought I'd join up and see what other UK-based enthusiasts have been doing :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:37 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

As promised, Pug Elan pug's own brand gas tubing carbolite 103, campag nos record back hub, front track hub, original bar and stem, bought a nos cinelli but it didn't fit and can't swap the bars because they're non-standard. Token track pedals, open pro rims, gator-skins. I think those are the only vitals that matter.

Post subject: Hi anyone :-)
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:00 am 
Retro Guru

Hi everyone My name is Anthony, I am from Liverpool (and still live there) and need to come out of the closet re: "being totally addicted to 1970's - 1990's road bikes (mainly Italian) and Campagnolo."

I have been dis-assembling - re-assembling bikes since I was 8 yrs old.

Confessing this online takes courage LOL "I am an unashamed Campagnolo person, NOT into poor mans Campy (ShimaNO). I know their origins and how they got off the ground off Campags back. Like I said "unashamed" LOL.

Ever since I "inadvertently owned Bill Nixons Ti Raliegh custom build" I have been addicted to top quality road bikes. I bought it from a lad outside a pub in Liverpool when I was 15 for £10 not knowing anything about bikes except that I loved riding them..... as far as my legs would carry me ..... then, head for home:-)

I owned Bills bike for around 3 months before some twit crashed into the back of me in Wales and buckled the 28spoke back wheel (very rare then). Ended up doing a swap with a lad I knew, who took it to Walvale Cycles to be repaired. Next day the police where all over my house (and his) looking for the bike. This is how I found out about it being Bills bike. "Sorry Bill if you are still around "

Anyways, the point of this little tale as an intro is this, " I went UP a mountain in Llanwrst Wales without even breaking a sweat. I can still feel the pure beauty of that machine as it effortlessly glided up that mountain. THAT was a real bike T'was a 753 Ti special build. ALL components where Super Record 1st generation. Everything was stamped BN1 from frame to seatpost to HB & stem (if memory serves me right). It was as tight as a camels **** in a sandstorm, so smooth, so perfectly built, so PURE.

Bill Nixon won the Milk Race as an amateur in 1977 I think, but more importantly he lived just 500yards from where I was born, and where I live now. I often wish I had met the guy. So little is written about his amazing feat OR more importantly HIM.

I am here because "Fluroforks" sold me his Mecacycle Turbo, and mentioned perhaps I should post here re: restoration & pics I was already a casual lurker of here, so joining seemed the next thing to do. It is MID restore, since my other 7 bikes are in the way, BUT she is VERY healthy now and well on her way to being the Belle of the Ball of Meca's, with her Roval Track wheelset & 3arm steel Campagnolo cranks.

Hope to meet many of you that I have already read about, and perhaps help out where I can My best to you all, yours Laz.

PS: I picked up the nic Laz from another board I was on years ago "Artwanted-dot-com". It stands for Lazarus "he of the dead re-born". Thats basically where I am at now in life, alive once more, and oh so deeply back into my bikes Laz.

Attachments:
Paganini.jpg
Paganini.jpg [ 248.49 KiB | Viewed 1710 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 8:43 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

Hello, been lurking a whiley, thought I should say Hello :)

I'm up in Inverness, in the Highlands, home of stunning scenery, and some shockingly badly surfaced roads :(

Just picked up a Motobecane Jubile Sport, Campag and Suntour equipped, completely original. Lovely stuff :)

Also have last years Carrera TDF for commuting and the like, and a 90s Claude Butler Elite MTB.

Cheers :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 784 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 79  Next