Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:39 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1091 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110

How did you find retrobike?
Google Search 63%  63%  [ 70 ]
Link from a friend 16%  16%  [ 18 ]
Social media (facebook, twitter, google+) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Print media 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Another bike site 13%  13%  [ 14 ]
Something else 8%  8%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 112
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:27 pm 

Hello, My name is Charles S. Clark. I live in Westernport, Md.USA. I'm 68. I was so glad to have found this site thru another bike site. They had taken over Vitus and didn't have any specs on vintage bikes. I bought in the 80's or so a custom fit VITUS 979 custom fitted all Dura-Ace group from a bike shop in Frederick ,Md. I was probably in my late 20's and this bike was like a ROCKET!!!! I loved this bike, BUT I've grown as you can see older. I do have at the present a Cannondale Synapse 3 carbon, compact crank Ultegra group, with Mavic rims. I've had to upgrade the gearing in the back to accommodate the MOUNTAINS in western Maryland. My Vitus 979 is CALLING ME to bring her somehow back to life. For bonded aluminum this bike rode like a DREAM!Oh, I probably only put a couple thousand miles on the bike. When I got a job with the USPS as a letter carrier and was walking 22 to 24,000 steps a day, the last thing on my mind at the end of the day was to ride my bike. Is there any way to upgrade the components on this bike? Thank you for all your advice and help. Cheers!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1091 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110