Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:33 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1076 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108  Next

How did you find retrobike?
Google Search 62%  62%  [ 68 ]
Link from a friend 16%  16%  [ 17 ]
Social media (facebook, twitter, google+) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Print media 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Another bike site 13%  13%  [ 14 ]
Something else 8%  8%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 109
 Post subject: Re: Hello
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:01 pm 

Just wanted to introduce myself, I’m Fabio, Italian in London and proud owner of three 1970s road bikes (one Pinarello and two Olympias).

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:51 pm 

Hi everyone,
I'm Diego from Ecuador. I own a 1981 BSA roadster and I’ve been lurking for a while here but I haven't posted anything yet.
I need to ask some questions so I’d better introduce myself.
Cheers.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:57 pm 

Hi, I'm Trevor from India, who lives in Dallas. I like your community. Recently my bike was stolen and I'm looking for a replacement for it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:07 pm 
Dirt Disciple

I kind of already did this in the retrogrouch thread, but...

Tommy, South Coast UK.

Currently riding a recent Trek mostly, but setting up a steel De Ver Track frame for road use. Also looking to get a recentish steel tourer/ audux frame and put as much of the 105 group set on the Trek as I can onto that for club runs, Audax, fast touring, rough stuff/ gravel and so on.

Previous owned a 60s Carlton Track Frame when I was a Bike Messenger.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:19 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi

I'm Bob from Bristol. I have posted here a few times but the system has cut me off from private messaging as I have not posted often enough! So here's a catch-up which I should have done two years ago.

I returned to cycling after a long long long layoff and bought a hybrid to get me started. Whilst it is OK for the winter in the country I longed for that 1970s / 1980s steel frame feel, so I bought a '79 Falcon on eBay and have not stopped since. The lockdown gave me the time to ride miles and miles into North Somerset and in the last two years have started amassing a small collection of quality Falcons from their heyday - all l'eroica compliant.

I am happy to correspond with anyone interested in the marque. I am compiling a collection of catalogues and a spreadsheet of models between 1956 and 1987 - when they were in catalogues and how Falcon had a very casual approach to model names and model numbers. I have made quite a bit of headway with this.

So that's it. I have learned so much recently. If only we had had the internet back in the day!

Cheers all.

Post subject: Re: glad to be here
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:41 am 

Hello everyone. I am not new to vintage bicycles, but I am new to your website, and excited to join. I am also very active in BikeForums / Classic & Vintage.

I am based in the city of Encinitas, on the north coast of San Diego County. After working 35 years in the semiconductor industry, I am enjoying an encore career teaching electrical engineering and computer science at a local university. Bicycling is the only sport I have deeply, truly loved, probably because it involves practical, efficient, clean transportation, aerobic exercise, camaraderie (online and in person), freedom, fun, and machinery to collect, repair, and/or modify.

I have one mountain bike, a 1988 Schwinn Project KOM-10, plus several road bikes, some of which are in full working order and get ridden, and others of which seem to be perennial lack-of-time projects. Rounding out the stable are three circa 1960 Capo bicycles from Vienna, Austria (including two littermate top-of-the-line Siegers), a 1982 Bianchi Campione d'Italia, and my 1970 Peugeot UO-8 "beater," and I am tempted to buy an early 1960s Carlton Franco Suisse from my wife's younger sister. I am particularly interested in learning more about the Carlton, which would be my first English bicycle since my Hercules and Armstrong converted 3-speeds of my undergrad days at UCLA.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:28 pm 

Hi everyone! I am Mathijs from the Flanders region of Belgium. My love for cycling really started when a friend introduced me to touring bicycles. I love the fact that non-competitive cycling is a great way to travel, to meet people, to discover nature. It has a perfect pace to observe and have variation: not too slow, not too fast. I'm a bit of a hipster with a lot of love for brands that keep some of the retrovibes in their designs like Crust and Velo Orange.

The Koga Miyata Roadrunner from 1981 that you see here has been my trusty bicycle since I was only 13 years old. I believe it was intended as a low-end randonneur bicycle. I have been buying bigger versions of the frame to never outgrow it. During the COVID pandemic I have been updating it with supple tyres (Pasela 35mm), a Selle Italia Turbo saddle and a new handlebar (Nitto 135). The Silver bar-end shifters and TRP brake levers make the cockpit complete.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CaxZvwKV6VSiE2Z1A

The other photo is of a 2017 Genesis Tour the Fer, which has been my touring bike for years, and is now being replaced with the 2020 Velo Orange Pass Hunter.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8j46VWa9hZpECqm59

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:30 pm 

Hey all! I'm Alex from Ireland. I have my sights set on riding the long route at L'Eroica next year and researching for that led me to this forum! Currently riding/upgrading a heavy 18-23 Raleigh Panasonic and currently have my eyes peeled for a 531 version.

Looking forward to being on the forum and learning as much as I can from everyone!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:29 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Evening all, I’m Rob from Nottingham. Decided to get back to road bikes after a few decades away (Just under five decades, actually!) so have acquired a 1994 vintage Trek 370 which I’m in the process of putting right after a good few years of lack of maintenance. Surprising how you never forget some things, like fettling a bike.

Once I’ve got the bike right, next step is to get my knees working properly.

One or two people may know the surname. My dad, Nick, was a photographer and used to report on races and write touring articles for Cycling weekly for a good many years.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:40 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

Good to have some new members joining in the banter.
Welcome aboard all, grab a cuppa, have a read, join in the banter etc and make yourself at home.

Jamie

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1076 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108  Next