Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:34 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1049 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105  Next

How did you find retrobike?
Google Search 63%  63%  [ 68 ]
Link from a friend 15%  15%  [ 16 ]
Social media (facebook, twitter, google+) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Print media 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Another bike site 13%  13%  [ 14 ]
Something else 8%  8%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 108
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:14 pm 
Dirt Disciple

And mine just showed 12:13 when it should have been 11:13.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:12 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Bignosedan wrote:

Thank you. It’s Shimano rx100 from the late eighties/early nineties. Everything you see in the picture except the frame, saddle, bar tape and tyres came off a bike that I bought nearly new in 1992. The frame was massive so I used it a little and then stored it away and forgot about it.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:59 am 

Hello everyone, my name is Chad. I'm pretty new to bikes as a serious hobby. I recently acquired a (1994ish) Bianchi, and I look forward to getting this thing tuned up! I mainly use it as a commuter to/ from work. I love tinkering with stuff, and bicycles seem to be just the right amount of complex for me.

I look forward to picking your brains!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:25 am 

Hi
Just introducing myself. Used to cycle loads, but stopped when I broke some bones on a motorbike! I'm hoping to start restoring my grandads old Raleigh Lenton Sport that I inherited when he passed- I think it might be a steep learning curve! Looks like this forum might be a good place for some friendly advice!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:25 am 

Hi
Just introducing myself. Used to cycle loads, but stopped when I broke some bones on a motorbike! I'm hoping to start restoring my grandads old Raleigh Lenton Sport that I inherited when he passed- I think it might be a steep learning curve! Looks like this forum might be a good place for some friendly advice!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:33 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Hi Retropeeps!

I'm Toby and I've been using this forum since 2008. Great site/forum and lots of knowledgeable people here. I started out club riding/racing in my youth at the age of 15 to about 18. Gave up as I discovered woman and beer!. I started cycling again when I was 25. I did my first retrobuild back in 2006, an ALAN Record Carbonio with SR parts. After catching the retrobug I've built over 30 road bikes. At the age of 46 I still cycle but slower... and live in Malta now which is very hilly and normally windy so makes cycling extra hard. I did L'Eroica in Tuscany (135k) last October on my fully restored 1980's Gino Milani bike. I've become a bit of a collector/restorer of sorts and currently have a fair number of road bikes in my collection, and 6 frames which are lined up for restoration. I currently have a Masi prestige 1978, De Rosa Primato, 4 Pegoretti's, 2 Milani's, Colnago C40, Extreme C and a Tecnos, Cinelli Supercorsa (being restored), Legnano Gran Premio, Haral TT bike, Eddy Merckx MXL & Corsa Extra 7-Eleven, Pinarello Radius & Treviso, Zunow Z1.

Cheers,
Toby

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:36 pm 

Hi, I'm Vincenzo, found this site through the Internet. Never used a forum before, can someone please explain to me how to do a new post? Many thanks :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:41 am 

Hi all

Having been a keen cyclist when I was younger, though never competed, or joined a club. I have recently rediscovered the joy of riding and working on bikes again.

My current project are the bikes I've had since new and rode in the 90s. It's been great rescuing them from my parents garage having not been ridden for 20 years or so and giving them a new lease of life.

Hopefully will be able to absorb some of the wisdom from here for future projects.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 11:11 pm 

Hello to all.

I ride a Carlton Pro-Am 12 for most of my local travel to work and shops, etc, and also spins in the countryside just for exercise.

I enjoy tinkering with old cycles and motorcycles and am sure I will get plenty of cycle tips on this forum.

Dave

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 8:40 pm 

Hello All, I’m Karl, I’ve been registered for a while (had a BSA Tour de France a few years back which kicked off the vintage bug) and have dipped in and out since for reference and whilst looking for a new usable retro project to go with my modern Planet X carbon winter and Genesis Ti summer road bikes.

Found it last year in the shape of an ‘86 Raleigh Sirocco frame in Wine red and oyster. So the resto begins and the sourcing of Golden Arrow parts is well under way (chainset, FD, RD, shifters and bars in the bag).

I also have an Emmelle Alpine Sport in bits, but that’s a project for a really rainy day!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1049 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105  Next