Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Considering splitting the road section out into it's own site. Can't help but feel although unintentional it plays second fiddle to the MTB side of the site.

It's only a vague thought at the moment but would be interested to hear people's thoughts.

I like it together as I visit both .

maybe you can create a separate section and select it from the top :

Home , MTB forum , Road forum , Shop , Gallery and archive etc ...

I find myself visting the road section more than the MTB but, all round, I would vote for keeping things as they are. This allows users to dip into which ever forum that takes their fancy.
The name of the site is nice and ambiguous and wouldn't lead someone who stumbles on he site to think it was soley MTB related.

I'll be honest I don't venture into the road section very often at all, so don't really mind one way or the other. Not sure what advantage it would bring to separate the site?

orange71":mygo72oz said:
I'll be honest I don't venture into the road section very often at all, so don't really mind one way or the other. Not sure what advantage it would bring to separate the site?

Agree

I like it as is, not really into retro road but it is tempting me :) if it was a separate site I doubt I'd visit as much.

Keep all the old junk together!

Seriously - I like both road and mtb, and enjoy having them here together under the retrobike 'umbrella'

+1 for the keep how it is please!

i reckon leave it as is, it's retrobike not retroroadbike and retromountainbike.

i tend to use the view last posts option most often rather than looking in each section individually but i like to beable to pick and choose what i look at regardless of whether it is road or mtb and the view last posts option makes this possible, if you split the website i'd then have 2 forums to watch rather than one.

i do agree that as a site we are more mtb orienated but that is a reflection of what type of bikes are ridden by most of us more regularly so if the road section does play second fiddle then i don't see an issue with that.

my 2p :)

Although I'm relatively new around here it had occurred to me that there are fewer visitors to the road section than I would expect given the huge interest in retro road bikes. Maybe this is because of the apparent second best feel of it in relation to MTB on this site.

I feel that the two do not need to be on separate sites - just organised in a more egalitarian way!

Latest posts

Back