Principia Rex Pro headset

ashridge

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
I've got a year 2000 Principia that I'm about to start building up with a Dura Ace groupo and Spinergy wheels.

The problem is the headset is almost worn out, but appears to be a completely bizarre size. I've measured the headtube as 36.5mm, which is about 1 3/8 inch.

It's also got a wider bearing cup at the bottom than the top...

Any advice as to who sells a replacement?

Thx

Try emailng Principia themselves, They have an active interest in older bikes I fired one off to them a while ago about my RCS and got a pretty instant reply with loads of info including pdf files of the old cataloges :cool:

They are made by Chris King.
I have one extra at home... silver with Principia -logos.
PM me if you need

Try these guys, I got an assemetric headset from them a while back. I think they used to be Principia stockists when they were made in Denmark.
RBS Performance
Unit 4 Axis Park
FAREHAM
Hampshire
PO14 1FD
01329 820890

Cheers

Thanks all - have dealt with Shamus.

Longbeech: FYI the phone number for RBS is disconnected.

Daj: Principia were very helpful but only have stock of their modern stuff, which is standard 1 1/8". They did send me a full decal set and frame sticker FOC :)

longbeech":1uqyfsng said:
Try these guys, I got an assemetric headset from them a while back. I think they used to be Principia stockists when they were made in Denmark.
RBS Performance
Unit 4 Axis Park
FAREHAM
Hampshire
PO14 1FD
01329 820890

Cheers

Longbeech your right they did sell them at one time, where are Principia made now if not in Denmark?

Rob

ashridge":2wu8qgwh said:
dbmtb":2wu8qgwh said:
Anyone else needs one, I think I can supply. Just ordered one for a customer yesterday.
Are they Principia originals or another brand?

Originals. Will have one in my hand middle of next week so will let you know.

Principia are still in Denmark and their frames are designed and speced there, but built elsewhere, probably in the far east like 95+% of all modern bikes.
I believe they originaly did the design and build in house including the bullet proof finish, but at some point went bust and the new owners outsourced the manufacturing.
Still bloody nice bikes though :)

Cheers

Back