Hello from new member

mark34

rBotM Winner
I've been a serious 80's retro road bike collector for a few years now, and the collection is now quite large and includes some of my all time dream bikes from when I was teenager first starting out in road racing and watching the TDF back in 86-87...

My collection started about 3 years ago with the Alan Record Carbonio, which back in 86/87 was THE bike to have! The second hand Alan frame came from California and was pretty much mint and showing vertually no signs of wear and tear. I then set about buying new old stock C-Record 1st generation groupset, this took a while to source, but in the end I got all the parts from around the world, this included Delta brakes and Record Pave rims. The next stage was the finishing kit, this was always going to be a Cinelli, Vittoria CX, Selle Italia Turbo set up. Again the finishing kit was sourced NOS worldwide.

The ultimate award for all this effort and money was to have the bike featured in Cycling Weekly at the end of 09, it was a great feature even though the writter didn't understand what "ALAN" stands for!

My other bikes are;

TVT Lemond 1989 Ronan Pensec team bike(also featured in Cycling Weekly)
TVT Lemond 1989 World Champ replica, Mavis Star Fish group
TVT greeny/blue colour with Dura Ace 7400 group. All NOS
Battaglin Carrera 87 tour Roche replica, C-Record 1st gen Cobalto
Colnago Master Olympic, C-Record 1st gen
Colnago Mexico Serroni replica, Record 50th group

I think the collection is now complete! Although recently seeing some a Panasonic team bike may start me off again...

I will post some photos up at some point; I assume it's usual Photobucket upload to get photos on this site?

Thanks retro friends...

Mark. :LOL:

Ah, so that was your bike was it?! Very nice too!

Welcome here. I find the Photobucket links a bit of a pain as you can load photos direct into your post using the 'Add Attachment' facility at the bottom of the 'Post a Reply' page. Just make sure they're not to big.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the collection, if they're as good as the Alan we're in for a treat!

Thanks for the welcome, and comments chaps. I will post up some photos this week in the members bikes section.

Mark.

Welcome.

Saw your bike in CW - outstanding :cool:

Looking forward to seeing the other stuff :D

Welcome aboard

Welcome aboard!
Lovely collection :shock:
Look forward to the pics and banter.

Jamie

Hi I too have a Alan carbonio frame (rebadged as a Donnay) I'm interested in which issue of cycling weekly your bike appeared. I have issues going back to mid last year and it would be good to see the article your pride and joy was featured in.

Back