Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:35 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:37 am 
Two Fat Ladies

I needed a break from the same old thing today so I did a quick round of bicycle TLC... air in tires, dust them off, and of course, shot a few quick video clips. Decided it might be fun to put 'em on the 'ol Tube and share my complete lack of video productions skills with the world.

http://www.youtube.com/user/panasonicbikemuseum

The current videos were CLEARLY unrehearsed and rough drafts so go ahead and cringe. If the idea is well received I'll certainly go about doing the videos again with a lot more content and steadier hand.

Also, any suggestions on what else you'd like to see etc. are appreciated!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:29 pm 
Concours Judge
Concours Judge

Hi Darin,

That is a kinda fun alternative approach to cover a bike. You used a Panasonic camera of course :lol:

I still have the DA7400 equipped PR-6000 as you know and I plan to build the 2nd smaller one with Mavis Zap once I found the time for it. Electronic gears on a Matsushita bike is a right match I would think :wink: The 7400 post that came std with the bike is a 27.0 example btw, but could be different sizing for your frame as it uses other tubing. I do not know.

That DX-5000 bike you are showing us is a lovely bike. Paint kinda reminds me of the Salsa paint of the late 80s/early 90s. Unfortunately the resolution of the camera is quite limited and it will not show us finishing and detailling very well -- but I am familiar with the Panas and I know it must be nice :)

Of course I am stilling browsing the web for nice Panasonics in my area, but not so much coming up lately. Last was a Team Holland time trial I think, but that is already 1/2 yr ago...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:38 pm 
Two Fat Ladies

I hate to admit to it, but I used a cheap Nikon camera for this round. I suspect that is why some of the videos look poor. :wink:

It worked for starters, now I am going to go back and do the videos again with more planning and an actual video camera. I'd like to do a lot more of these as resource guides in the future as well. Just something fun and different like you say.

Team Holland huh? I actually had a guy send me a few pics of one of those some months ago. Did I forward those on to you at that time as well? I know I had intended to. I believe it was just a frame and fork.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:46 pm 
Concours Judge
Concours Judge

The person of the Team Holland got in touch with me.

I only now spot the Team America in the movies (there are more than 3!). That is a beaut :shock: That aerodynamic bicycle with all the DA AX kit is also a nice and interesting example of course.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:34 pm 
Dirt Disciple

I just finished watching your videos on Youtube! Cool idea and a lovely collection. :D

peter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:56 am 
Old School Grand Master

So can others add to this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:08 am 
Two Fat Ladies

gm1230126 wrote:
So can others add to this?

Have something you'd like to add? I'm sure we could figure out a way to make it happen.