The 2010 Planet X 'Old Skool' Time Trial Series

Old Ned

Old School Grand Master
The details of the participating events are now published This year they are all '10's' (but see note at end regarding some interesting 25's) and are as follows -

2 April - City RC Hull on course V718 South Cave area

24 April - Bath CC Wiltshire

1 May - Cambridge CC Cambridgeshire

21 August - Team Sanjan ('Championship' event) Cambridgeshire

25 September - Wrekinsport CC Shropshire/Staffs

Also on the season's event list are a couple of other events that could be of interest -

21 March - Diss & District CC 25 'for pre-1980 bikes' Norfolk/Suffolk

18 July - Essex RC 25 'for pre-1980 bikes' Essex

I think there may also be a similar 25 in Kent but I'll have to check.

I've been told that anyone who enters the designated Planet X events on the basis of riding 'Old Skool' is guaranteed of a ride. However, the proof of the pudding etc......!

Let's have a good Retrobike entry this year. If you're not familiar with Time Trialling look on the Cycling Time Trials website -

http://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/

All the help and assistance you'll need is there and the official CTT Entry Form can be downloaded but please contact me or post here if you want any help. I can provide organisers names and addresses etc. as I now have a 2010 CTT Handbook.

I don't know how many I'll be able to ride this year but I'm going to try for at least 3.

Bikes are to be 'conventional', round tubing, no 'lo-profiles', no tri-bars only drops, same size wheels, no 'aero' devices or helmets and as old and traditional as possible. Should suit Retrobikers perfectly!

Don't forget that you can ride 'Old Skool' in any time trial but these events are special.

more on the wheels ned .... traditional spokers or ksyrium types? Aero rims or square section?

pigman":9gitrsp9 said:
more on the wheels ned .... traditional spokers or ksyrium types? Aero rims or square section?

Only shallow deep rims - if you see what I mean! No less than 20 spokes and definitely no discs! GP4's etc. will be fine (as will some of the shallower 'modern' wheels). I'm thinking of riding some 32/40 27" HP's in one event with Benelux Mk 7 gearing. That'll give the aero helmet brigade something to think about.

Back